FULL SUSPENSION BOARDS

I want a place to collect info about making a full suspension off road board a la bajabord but with more steel

Here we go Amigo

Honorable mention:

8 Likes

This is the exact design I had in mind with a suspension system like the Bajaboard G4X but without the driveshafts and just the classic style motor mounts.

4 Likes

I don’t know anything about these guys it just popped up in my IG feed, looks a bit like Baja tho.

3 Likes

What would the benefits be of full suspension besides comfort?

4 Likes

Other than jumps, fun to build, which is what this is all about really

5 Likes

At least for us old bastards

7 Likes

Not a discussion of a board beyond it’s mechanical construction. IE don’t trash the electronics (they suck) or any other company issue of the ECOMOBL suspension boards in this thread.

but

:+1:
Want to ride one, and tear it apart.

1 Like

i was actually gonna slide it under the ekewill reply since its the “same” board :joy:

but yea, springs looks fun to ride on

1 Like

huh take a looks at this

This makes it more clear how it is basically a 0 degree split channel truck with suspension attached to the top part, as well as wheel pivots and a steering rack.

Wonder if you could start with a MBS baseplate and end up with something like that.

2 Likes

thank you random google image search

• Do not ride on paved surfaces. This board is designed for off road use only. By design, four wheel drive vehicles have wheels that pull at the same time. When on paved surfaces it can cause excessive wear on the tires and has the potential make the board difficult to ride, due to unequal pulling.

huh fixed diff I guess

@Riako how dare you hide this from us jk

4 Likes

How are those hunter boards doing? They claim to have sold out 2020 but i have not seen anything about them.

2 Likes

Funnily enough, I contacted “the Hunter board” company’s CEO last week end he told me they were entering production stage.
Look at this beauty in action :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I am selling mine, moving to the city.

Hit me up if you have interest.

3 Likes

what about the psycho frame that @NoWind has made
c4abdc0f76a3e72a15f7222f31689d6a2dce5c07_2_666x500
air shock front and back, locked axle 4wd 2 motors

27 Likes

Is the up-and-down movement independent of the lean/turn movement then?

I can imagine that if the suspension is properly calibrated to your weight, you could get a lovely anti-grav ride. I’m just wondering how that might upset board-feel and control though.

1 Like

Things strikes fear and awe into me. I mean, old women rush to pick up their dogs when they see me coming towards them. I can imagine they just flat out faint when they see this roaring up the path.

Are we going to get a guided tour of the mechanics on this badboy, @NoWind?

8 Likes

@NoWind isn’t on the forum much (he is too busy with making monsters like these).
tbh from the pics it looks ‘fairly’ simple

While looking neat I have hard time trusting those motor axles, everything looks overly loose like shopping troley.

As a low octane cruiser, damn that looks smooth and enjoyable. But small hubs doesn’t inspire too much confidence in performance.

Don’t even need that, old folks step away in grass when I’m driving towards them on my 70cm shortie board. I guess it’s the stance that doesn’t transfer too much trust in my build. Coworkers started calling me ‘‘granpa grinder’’ for that reason. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Its so big it doesnt even fit on some paths :rofl: