Funny steering trucks. Major Arc, Curfboard, Lean Trucks, and all else that makes your head turn.

The only one i have tried an worked on was the “Lean” integration and it had a lot of issues. I would like to handle a set of the Major Arcs but I have not had a chance to.

2 Likes

oh watching this video I realize the major arc does not actually tild/lean the wheels over, only has a lot of steering and deck lean but the wheels stay flat on the ground. Sorry @ZachTetra guess I was wrong.

3 Likes

well I hope you can find a set to look at!

Could you share concerns you have with the Lean trucks system?

haha and no bushings on the Lean board only the spring, was that part of the issue? :joy:

I see why you want the Major arcs

We replaced the springs with bushings and it did improve their performance but the way the convex wheels minimized the contact patch, traction was very limited and the slide was not all that controllable like a good set of Powell Snakes or other freeride wheels would be.

2 Likes

hmm so their main upside is just having the smallest turn radius without having the whole trucks pivot like in a surfskate. Good info I am really interested in this stuff.

I really want to try the wheels out on a freeboard caster but they cost quite a bit, have to get the trucks too in order to justify.

I interpreted these trucks more as “having a small turn radius, while minimizing wheelbite on huge wheels” :crazy_face:

(but IDK if that’s even true)

1 Like

i guess it helps, but the wheel still swivel a bit

forgot ronnie did a vid

You could just mount one truck in the front and keep a traditional truck in the back. Good steering and easy mounting.

2 Likes

Well you have to buy sets of 2 so it would be best to get both on one board, but if they are symmetrical you could get two half boards out of it then I guess. You watched the video above where exactly that is done?

I think it is much more interesting to try to get motors mounted on these trucks for the full experience.

No sorry, haven’t watched the videos yet. Sorry if I’m missing a part of the conversation here, but unless you’d make a wider version of these and used some very small gear drives, the steep steering angle will prevent any mounting, as the motors will either hit the deck or the hangar. Or the base plate, which ever comes first.

2 Likes

Essentially you would want the motor above the axle, but still under the board. Because the truck stays straight relative to the board, the motors needs to move around it.

The easiest solution here would be hub motors, I suppose.

1 Like

Also discussed, as is using these hubs that don’t require the square profile for locking

it should also be possible to add a square profile onto these trucks so you could use cheap hubs. Modifying the included axle or replacing that part with the square key version idk.

hmm. I do not think it would fit actually because of how the truck goes inside the loaded hub slightly damn. see 1 min

it seems there is 14mm sticking out… and maybe you could file a fit off that part so it fits in.

reviewing the video it looks like a lot of the truck goes in, more than 14mm

1 Like

Yeah im sceptical that these would work. You’d need at least a modified axle bit.

1 Like

Bevel gears!

4 Likes

That would actually work, good point. But then again, you’d need to design a whole new drive train, the only beveled gear drive train I’ve seen so far would absolutely not fit on these.

2 Likes

I would buy them and wait for delivery for science if they were US or Euro manufactured.

Something spooks me about April delivery… that’s a Shenzhen century. I don’t believe.

2 Likes

They seem to be new on the block, their website less then a year old. They sent some review units to solid youtubers so I have some good faith that they are legit but I would naturally expect delays.

If it was intended for electric boards it would take twice as long I bet.

1 Like

Its not that hard actually, the one for the caliber trucks is hugely overengineered.