FOCBOX IS BACK?

I tried to put my new unity from the raptor shop to work.

I had bench tested it on different motors and seemed fine.

So I decided to put it in my DB Coreflex build.
It has a 10s4p 30q pack.
Maytech 6354 170kv motors.
14/38 on 100mm Boas.
It had a Flipksky 4.20 dual in there and ran fine. But I thought it would be an upgrade to add the Unity instead.

I keep getting some weird values with motor detection. One vesc recommends 35 amps and the other 50…

I had turned both to 60 amps and tried to ride and got some weird stuttering on one of the motors.

Ohh. I’m running the unity on the vesc tool.

I reinstalled the latest firmware and have ran motor detection a bunch of times and have not gotten similar values for the motors.

Any more trouble shooting I can do.

Bullet connectors seem all good.

3 Likes

That sucks. Sorry man.

Run sensorless? Does it detect?

You could use the beta firmware where it doesn’t need sensors

1 Like

If you switch which side of the ESC the motors are connected to, does it switch the recommended currents?

5 Likes

Ok. Just tried. The 35 stuck with the same vesc I’d. Going to slap on some other motors really quickly.

2 Likes

I had bad resistance measurements on one of my original unities on delivery and was told to send it to bara and that it was a bad resistor. Maybe check random resistors values on the side that’s giving you troubles.

1 Like

If you switch motors and it remains this way than something is wrong with the controller. One seems to be detecting double the winding resistance, my best guess would be a bad leg in the three half bridges. Check solder on bullets. Otherwise it could be the FETs in which case it would probably need an expert to repair.

7 Likes

Yep.
Still there.
Just slapped on the Flipksky 6384 190kvs and there is a big difference again low value on vesc 6.

So no fixing this right…

I guess I’ll contact them for service. And if needed file a credit card claim.

1 Like

I don’t think our old testing systems that we developed are being used anymore in production as they required some amount of maintenance and upkeep from people that knew what they were doing. This unit wouldn’t have passed our jig.

8 Likes

I guess getting a unity in 2 weeks for 230 bucks was too good to be true…
Who woulda thunk…

I was about to order another one from them too…

It sure would be great if there was a reliable commercially available esc that was not 500 bucks…

4 Likes

Give us a few weeks :+1:

34 Likes

Just to put this to bed for anyone reading through, and for anyone who thinks the alie-express stuff is anyone except Jason, here is Jason linking all the stores he is falsely selling under and claiming they aren’t his (conveniently directing customers to them on the forum):

Here is Jason getting caught claiming one of the stores is his:

Very easy jump here to conclude all those stores are his (except imperium who is some other australian dude who bought stock I think).

24 Likes

Can you send me money? According to Jason you should :joy:

5 Likes

It’s bulletproof logic. We owe him money for goods he didn’t deliver to us I guess.

8 Likes

@Deodand this your rig?

They sent the replacement express. This is better customer service then with my og focboxes :see_no_evil:
6 Likes

express for free.

Because they read this forum and don’t want you to stiff them for 4 units. :stuck_out_tongue: :grinning: /s

8 Likes

I’ve got the order, took just 12 days from submitting it. The Focbox’s pcb looks good to me, but I’d be interested in someone’s opinion who has actual knowledge on this.
I don’t have my motors yet so I can’t test it yet.

For anyone following, I can vouch for Imperium. Jarod (@elitejarcool) is a solid dude selling legitimate parts.

3 Likes

Can confirm, although I haven’t got my refurb focbox yet, but that’s on me, @elitejarcool is super helpful and all.

If you are reviewing or posting photos of a unity purchased from aliexpress or enertionraptor.shop, please indicate in your post.

There is another thread about enertionraptor.shop unities and this one starts off discussing aliexpress ones.

I want feedback but I’d also like to know where they’re coming from.

@Grabowski where did you order from?

10 Likes