Flipsky VX2 Remote

Hmm, gonna start trying this out.

I’ve only had one full duty cycle lock fault in all of my ESC testing/riding and it happened w/ a maytech 4.12 50A on the bench w/o a remote (vx1 receiver connected). The thing has been flawless since.

2 Likes

Building this for a friend. Getting no response from this remote, it’s paired, motors are ready to roll with keyboard test in VESC tool, UART mode. Cant see what’s wrong here, wiring seems correct.

1 Like

I assume you did the the throttle cal and all the settings in vx2.

One note and not sure it’ll matter, but flipsky indicates plugging in the vx2 in the other uart port next to the one you used. Maybe uart isn’t on for that vesc side.

1 Like

make sure you are using the right harness, double check the rx tx pin son both reciever and vesc

1 Like

Yep could have v4 harness.

1 Like

Make sure you have it set to FESC or FOCBOX depending on what you have, if it’s not working, try the other.

I don’t know what difference it makes but when I set one up the other day, it was throwing every error imaginable on the FOCBOX setting.

Oh yeah and if you pull the trigger back and hit the mode button, it reverses the motors -_________-

Took us a long time to figure that one out

Also check what the others said

2 Likes

Oh shit. I just thought there wasn’t reverse. I just go forward.

Edit: confirmed. Lol

2 Likes

On the receiver switch the green and orange wires, you bought the v4 remote not the v6.

2 Likes

flipshit has a video on that lol

2 Likes

@Moja see above. He’s right. Just looked to confirm. I was wrong above. Apologies.

2 Likes

I guess I missed it lol

they should have a manual paper in the box, it would cost nothing to include, but they don’t :woman_shrugging:t2:

They do, but it didn’t mention the reverse mode

1 Like

i guess mine was special then, coz i got no paper or manual

1 Like

Rip hahah mine had wiring instructions and stuff on it

1 Like

now im glad their website at least have these info

2 Likes

A noob question I think: will the VX2 work with Maker-X Mini FOC Plus? It says communication ports are: USB, CAN, UART ?

Yes, the VX2 is a UART remote

1 Like

I thought that…id heard some issue the Maker-x has had with UART…will ask in that sub instead. thanks

Thanks, nailed it.

1 Like