Flipsky VX2 Remote

Hi, couldn’t find any topic related to the VX2 and I’m quite interested in knowing more about it.

Have you had a chance to try it? Do you have it on pre-order? What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

there where some comments in the VX1 thread about it

2 Likes

looks the goods. i would preorder but my next build is a while away.

I’ve just received my 2nd VX2 remote. This one has a brighter full colour screen, reduced deadband, mph/kph choice, soft feel coating.
Done few miles testing it and it as been faultless.
Really liking it. Well worth a look. Going to give it some more miles testing it over the next week and will report back.

12 Likes

That sucks that they came out with a updated model with reduced deadband and they couldn’t release a firmware update for the “old” one. I really don’t want to shell out another $80 or $100 for a remote to work properly.

1 Like

Apparently the new one they sent me is s future model. The updated one will have a brighter monochrome screen.

1 Like

I was in the preorder of the VX2 and got the dimm screen version. They changed the firmware to km\h for me but the deadband makes the remote quite uncomfortable to use. What did you do to improve the remote? In the menu you can calibrate the remote, but I can´t get it to register the full width.

1 Like

What I did to get it to work properly was open up my enclosure and take the receiver…out and swap it with the vx1. Worked like a charm.

3 Likes

Also the calibration only goes up 1/3 of the way for me.

1 Like

The VX1 is installed on my other board I want to get rid of all NanoX’s. I asked Flipsky about the improved version over messenger, they read the messages but won’t reply.
Did the VX1 reciever reduced the deadband?
I can live with the acceleration kicking in later, having to guess where the board starts to brake is horrifying.

1 Like

Sorry no lol… I meant I stopped using the vx2. It’s…disappointing

2 Likes

Yeah it is!
I hope they address it soon.

2 Likes

I emailed them about a possible firmware update to reduce the deadzone and said this.

Hi,mykel

Thank you for your feedback.

We have improved the throttle mechanical structure and related program code. It’s much better.

Here the link of update smaller deadband remote VX2 FYI.

(Incase you can’t load the link or video, it looks like a updated version oh the remote with the deadband improvements. From what I understand is they are telling me ya go buy the new version. I dont think there is going to be a way to update the vx2 unfortunately.

Really thanks for your feedback.

2 Likes

I went into nunchuck app on the vesc tool and reduced the deadband there. then altered the throttle curves. Improved it a bit. Now I have the new one I do not use the old one.

1 Like

Thanks, will try to improve the deadband in the Nunchuk app.
WTF they think sending out those remotes for 80$ and having the improved version on their backhand already.
I’ve had quite good experience with them up to now, but this pisses me off.

1 Like

Yes I am not to happy about it myself, I actually pre ordered two, for my girlfriend and I.

Have you and @Myke replied to them with your displeasure? They’re normally pretty good at sorting stuff out?

1 Like

I contacted them quite friendly without complaining too much, the message shows read on messenger but no reply. The thing is they messed up my package with another customer and I had to send back the item which I got by mistake, my whole order was delayed and they owe me the shipping still.
Up to now I have no complaints with them and I had the same impression as yours.

I emailed them and ask if they where going to have a firmware update for deadband and they emailed me what I posted above.

Yes besides this remote I am over all happy with flipsky as well. I have purchased tons of parts from them.

1 Like