Flipsky VX2 Remote

I asked them about updating the firmware to get rid of this ridiculous deadband.
Only way to do it is to send my VX2 back for updating by them.

I am not happy about that…

Well I wouldn’t mind personally sending it back since I have other remotes.

The issue i have with sending it back is that it would cost me €65 with tracking.

Any chance you could convince them to cover at least part of the shipping cost? (ask for all first).

Holy shit… not worth it lol.

1 Like

Is there anyone handy with jtag that could dump the firmware from the micro controller? I asked for the firmware but flipsky would not give it to me

2 Likes

Would also love to have that as well.

1 Like

I’ll give it a go when I get mine back I’m by no way skilled at that stuff though

2 Likes

I’m definitely not the best either but I have 2 of these remotes and the dead zone is unbearable

1 Like

https://www.vesc-project.com/node/1114
Remotes should really be updatable FW wise.

1 Like

Yes if they cost 175 eur :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Small update on the VX2. This version has been working great. Is also configurable between MPH/KMH.

6 Likes

the firmware is definetely updateable by jtag i just feel flipsky do not want to give the firmware files out due to IP theft.

1 Like

Could be. Easy to find out.

Do you have a vx2? Did you request sources or ask if the firmware incorporated Benjamin’s code?

I’ve got one that I sent back to be reprogrammed and have another on the way. I asked for a hex file but was refused

1 Like

Small update on the VX2.
After some mails, Flipsky agreed to update my remote. I had to pay for shipping to China and they paid for shipping to me.
After the firmware update the remotes response is really nice and smooth, I like it a lot.
The remote has a nice surface finish, but the gap between the two parts of the shell is rather big. The thumb wheel feels flimsy, and sits a bit crooked in the housing. Due to the larger diameter of the thumb wheel people with smaller hands might feel uncomfortable with this remote. The amount of pulling or pushing strength needed to brake or accelerate is also different, pulling to brake has more resistance sadly.
Compared to the VX1, the VX1 feels much more refined and I like the form factor over the VX2.
Let’s hope Flipsky creates a VX1 with screen!
For everyone who purchased a VX2 during preorder or shortly afterwards sending it in for the firmware upgrade is worth it. But still, Flipsky should have provided us with the updated firmware that we could do the update ourselves without shipping costs involved.

2 Likes

What was the price to ship it to china?

I am in Japan, only 15$ no taxes.

Ok cool. I am potentially going to ship mine back if it’s less the $30. I have 2 of them to send back.

1 Like