Flipsky VX2 Remote

Is yours the black and white screen?
The colour version I found was much better feeling.

Black and white with the dim screen. They just updated the firmware.

1 Like

Right, I think they’re making the new one with a brighter screen now.
The colour screen one is having a mould made for the case and is hopefully available soon.

1 Like

How does it stack up to the vx1? I have 2 vx1s and they have been working flawlessly for me, almost afraid to switch to something else lol

I’m loving it.
Although it seems I still don’t have the final final version!

I received my new VX2 yesterday after some warranty discussion.

I am trying to setup the motors and the remote but run into some trouble, maybe someone here could help me out.

Problems:

• when turning on the remote (pressing the ON button) the motors spin
  • when braking the motors go in reverse instead of just stopping
  • when setting up the motors in BLDC mode (motor setup) only 1 motor spins when throttling

Remarks:
Latest version of Vesc tool
UART remote
Fsesc dual 6.6
2 x 6374 Motors

1 Like

Any chance you tested with a different remote?
I should have left mine at your place…

1. What do they do when you throttle? No change, stop spinning, …?
  2. Stupid remark, but for clarity sake: remote setup in vesc tool is well current with brake and no reverse?

Imagine having 20 in stock to build boards and you always have these issues… like if time is not worth anything…

@mmaner Mike, since you wrote the Ackmaniac how-to: would it be a possible solution to flash the firmware and all to Ack?

2 Likes

The fact is, since its UART there is no remote setup

:open_mouth:

No clue, I dont have a VX2 to test with.

You can try to widen the dead band in the nunchuck app?

1 Like

I would already be happy if i could turn of the reverse somehow

My board started to do something weird like that. It would.go into reverse when breaking but at a really really slow speed like crawling speed. This.is with the vx2 as well.

1 Like

yup same thing

Mine started to do that after I did a firmware update to my fsesc 6.6 plus via the vesc android app.

1 Like

yh i did the firmware upgrade aswell, but the weird thing is i then downgraded using the ACKmaniac tool and then i get no response at all.

I will try to downgrade a version of vesc tool

As a reference I’m using dual focboxes.

What esc are you using?

The remote doesn’t work with Ackmaniac’s firmware.
That your board goes into reverse is a new feature of the original VESC firmware, it’s called smart reverse or something like this. It’s a new feature of the wand remote and should prevent you from rolling down a hill at full stop.
You can set this stuff in the Nunchuk app tab.

4 Likes

This is true. I had issues with ack firmware and had to update to the lastest vesc tool to get functionality. Using UART for control.

Did a 13 mile ride with it and like it so far. I noticed there’s a couple updates from the original I purchased and sold (still w/o color screen). Telemetry is working well so is reverse mode and smart reverse. Haven’t figured out the speed modes yet

2 Likes