Flipsky VX2 Remote

This makes alot of sense, thank you for the insight.

I did not know about this new “feature” but im happy to know that its no error on my end or faulty hardware.

1 Like

Do you get VESC-Tool app connectivity over the VX2 receiver?

Yes connectivity was not an issue, the problem has been resolved by downgrading to Vesc Tool 1.16

Everything is in working order now.

Thanks everybody for all the info and feedback.

So the same receiver is used for remote connectivity and connectivity to the VESC-Tool, right?
Who supplied you VESC-Tool 1.16?

Yes the same receiver is used for both.

I still had the 1.16 version on my laptop which was downloaded from the vesc-project website.

I used that one before updating to the latest version.

The receiver runs on Vedders Code then. The remote should work with any new Version of the VESC-Tool.
If it doesn’t there is something funny with the remote I guess. Would be strange if a remote locks you into using old FW.

I think i missunderstood your question.

The setup is as following:

-Dual Fsesc 6.6 paired via UART to the VX2 remote
-Bluetooth receiver seperately to connect via android

O.K. so you need two BLE modules.
What is your issue with using the 1.25 VESC-Tool then.

Smart Reverse: Go to App setting >> VESC Remote >> Use Samrt Reverse, True or False

1 Like

The biggest issue was that when powering on the remote (pressing the ON button) the motors started spinning (not safe)

when applying brake the motors started acting weird and making grinding sounds (not really braking) and after standstill they commenced in reverse. (which i read is a new feature)

In BLDC mode one motor not reacting to input.

All off this is resolved with the 1.16 version so i dont know if its a problem with the firmware or the hardware compatibilty or whatever, but I am happy the issue is resolved.

It’s not resolved, since you are now locked into old FW.
What about all the other users of the VX2? Do they face the same issues?
If there is an issue with the remote, you are not the only one having these issues.
It seams like you can’t update the FW of the remote your end.
And now you can’t update the FW of the VESC.

Well what can I say?
I am not the creator of the components neither the firmware so I have 0 power regarding fixing this issue.

Contact Flipsky (and maybe others) to find a solution to this issue (that probably more people will have as you said)

You heard what the issues are and how I got my personal board working again.

The responsability of being locked into old FW does not lay with me but rather at the creator of the firmware or the components.
@Gerrycorrado

1 Like

@MarkOneBoards maybe its better to get a deal from @Trampa for the future shop builds :smiley:
Ffing flipsky… Haha

1 Like

Trampa don´t work with B2B. They send you legal warnings if you try.

6 Likes

Exactly this.

2 Likes

Someone needs to tell them if there is an issue with latest FW, so that the customers do not get stuck on old VESC-FW. The design of the software should be different if there is a compatibility issue.

I have contacted them about this issue and have let them know.

They are still working on finetuning the software, also the compatibility with Focbox is still being worked on.

So I hope they resolve it soon.

1 Like

Is there any legal issue that the VX2 potentially works with the latest VESCtool firmware?

I don’t know if they use OS code without releasing sources. If they would, that would be illegal.
The other thing is open code allows the community to look into issues and do bug fixes.
The experts could judge if there are issues and the code could improve.
In any case, it should continue to work even with an updated VESC FW.

Hello
Just recieved my vx2 and this thread helped me tons.
Ty
Any one having issues with inaccurate mph display.
I have a torque boards direct drive set up, so not sure if I should change settings in the remote or in the vesc tool?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

TIA