Thoughts on Flipsky VX1

I did. If its connected via UART and i switch to reverse and accelerate it sounds grindy. Almost as if he stalls. Instantly turned it back and didn’t test further.

Lol they deleted the old video, slowed it down be uploaded again :laughing:

1 Like

Yea without the same trigger, but I was just commenting on the overall shape/ergonomics of the remote :slight_smile:

TADA!

1 Like

You know, you’re right. I had this impression it was less bulky but they are similar (doubt that was a coincidence :joy:)

I used the evolve v2 for a while and found it really comfortable in my hand to hold but the trigger thumb thing is just not very intuitive for me personally. It was also a POS that needed hourly calibration.

8 Likes

I’m actually pretty excited for this remote. We’re about to have a little remote explosion around here and this will slot nicely into the inexpensive group. Hopefully it’s as reliable as the vx1

Yes, but im not sure the telemetry will work with Unity. Will test it later.

Shouldn’t be too difficult to fix, smart people here.

4 Likes

thanks…

$80 preorder and $100 retail
Isn’t that pretty much top tier in pricing? The only remote i can think of more expensive is the hoyt, but they are also coming out with a $100 plastic version

1 Like

for a remote with telemetry? No, that is not expensive.

7 Likes

You’re right. Forgot about that

1 Like

My VX1 just lost its battery meter capability, its just blinking like the battery is empty but its at 50.4V First I thought its a cable issue but theres 50.4V on the pcb battery input. Remote works though, I already tried to reset the battery but that didnt help. Anyone ever had problems like that? Does someone have a spare receiver pcb? :smiley:

1 Like

I like mine, only a few gripes though. Battery life sucks (I bought a 750mah replacement though), having to add another cable for battery reading is lame, had 2 cutouts so far but none since (funnily enough only happened when a Lacroix was on a group ride, usually only Evolve boards surrounding me every other time), and lastly cruise control is pretty useless.

How come? I like it. But useless if you have a lot of stopping or curves. What i don’t like is enabling it, is a bit weird because if you accelerate and activate it, it continues to accelerate

I’ve got a vx2 on pre order so here’s hoping it’s good

1 Like

keep us posted!

I might be able to get a slightly early VX2 - fingers crossed.

The VX1 850Mah is excellent in my & my customer’s testing.
People really seem to like them, I miss the large throw of my old modded gt2b but its not by any means uncontrollable.

Just a PSA to anyone who dosen’t know - make sure you don’t buy the 250Mah version. It has connection issues and the charging circuit is shitty. The 500mah is incrementally better but there is a signifigantly better experience with the 850 (Or i think newer 500Mah have the same improvements but with less capacity)

I replaced the battery pack.

6 Likes