Flipsky VX2 Remote

u mean one remote connect to one receiver, but signal is send to both vesc? not sure if it will have any problem in UART, but maybe parallel the RX and TX will do the trick? (please don’t try this until someone else confirm either this work or doesn’t work)

yep, exactly that. I won’t try anything yet lol, I don’t wanna risk frying anything

Can is the answer here. Don’t get fancy. I doubt it would pair to two receivers but don’t know for a fact.

3 Likes

A friend of mine recently bought an older VX2 remote (the one with the B&W screen) and connected it to his Trampa VESC 6.6 but only 1 side of the motor is working/spinning when he pushes the thumb wheel…

I’ve never use and UART remote before so I can’t give him much advice, does the UART remote require setting up like PPM as well?

Or is it a plug and play situation?

TIA guys :+1:

1 Like

Should be plug and play for the most part, however you have to make sure both of your escs are set to UART in app settings

1 Like

Are the two vescs connected over CAN? It should be plug and play.

1 Like

thanks man, the owner uses and iPhone so he can’t use then VESC tool app :rofl:

I’ll meet him and check it out using my Android :+1:

Yea they’re connected via can bus, probably is as what @Skyart mentioned, there’s a possibility that the VESC#2 isn’t using UART…

Got a question on the telemetry that’s given off of the Remote and I suppose generally across the board.

Since the Receiver is UART - my question is this, when this thing is reporting I’m pulling 10A (I can only assume off the battery), is this saying that “this one ESC is” or does it know what both ESC’s are pulling and doing the math to provide that detail?

EG: if its saying XYZ and that comes out to 444w, should I be doubling that to get my actual battery draw or not ?

I pose the same question with regards to METR as well.

1 Like

If your VESCS are CAN, then Metr should be pulling numbers from both of them. You can even split it in the Metr logs. Not sure about the Vx2 though

1 Like

Good deal, thanks for following up @ShutterShock - I have two METR’s i’ve been putting off installing, I guess I’ll do that tonight before I go for my ride.

Edit: putting off an installation of “simply plugging in a JST Connector” is because the ESC’s i have-have a pitch that no-one uses lol so its going to be a solder job.

Yeah if you look in the app there’s a little double arrow symbol and you can split it to see what each was pulling. Usually they’re almost exactly the same.

Additionally, in the metr app you can configure each vesc independently from the expert tab.

I totally get it haha I do that too, the only reason my hub board isn’t running sensored is because I can’t be asked to solder the 28 wires into new orders

1 Like

Hi, when I throttle a bit my VXR it goes to full power, I tried everything and still does the same. Any idea how to solve it? Thanks

*VX2

Calibrate in the remote internal settings?

anyone ever had the display stopping working without a reason ?
yesterday it was good and today it’s totaly black, no back light no nothing, i’ll check if something got disconected, but it’s quite difficult to open without breaking the shell (or i missed something)
the remote itself still works fine excepted for the display, but there’s no way to tell if it’s on or off

It should come apart real easy. The screws are hidden beneath the label on the back. There’s a chance the connector for the screen just came loose.

2 Likes

Ah, that was it, i opened the clips with a guitar pick but i didn’t check for hidden screws
EDIT: all fixed up, and the internals looks better than i expected

6 Likes

How did you update and reset everything?

Sorry I dont remember it was ages ago

1 Like

All callibrated, but not showing the speed. Showing the Amps though…any ideas y?
2 Likes