Esk8 confessional

still savage haha

and here i am concerned because my shoes dont go over my ankles for support, i should go grow some balls :orange_circle: :orange_circle:

1 Like

Having no support does wonders for foot arch and ankle strength.

4 Likes

yea i just had it allready happen once that i had to do an emergency exit at 45 km/h, and while i did run 3 steps and roll like a ninja, i still bent my ankle and couldnt walk for 3 weeks

i dont think any amount of training can prevent that, the first impact when you step down is just plain violent

1 Like

I was shocked, TBH. And it also made me want to try HFI just like the kookster.

4 Likes

You and the Tarahumara tribe.

4 Likes

iz that @Tamatoa’s mud-people tribe?

5 Likes

I haven’t used bldc ever since i tried foc for the very first time in ~September 2019.

The 6 months prior to that were all in bldc because almost everyone said that foc easily kills the 4.12/ they can’t keep up with the power demand of foc and such. I still ride my first ever bought 4.12 vesc 'til this day.

3 Likes

do you call 'em jandals? or??? faaaaaaaak I can’t remember now… I think your a South-African convict that got sent to Oz… faaak… I can;t remember… whatcha call your fancy footwear… colloquially?

1 Like

Well I was referring to the beautiful sound of BLDC mode. I miss that.

This is what FOC+HFI sounds like:

2 Likes

Exactly. Those guys know a lot about running.

Sure.

Thongs in Australia. I don’t get it either.

2 Likes

SAWEEEEEET… thanks…

do you know you have freakishly small feet for an adult?

1 Like

i think you would like how my board sounds right now , ill make a short record in a bit, need help for the troubleshooting anyways before i dismantle my motors :sweat_smile:

secretly i still hope its my new flexible idler hack thats making these sounds, so i can keep it forever

1 Like

My feet are so wide they appear short, but that’s because of perspective. Those are some nss (nice skate shoes) that were bought when the company folded in like 2001. I bought the rest of their stock of that shoe. That’s the only pair I have left.

4 Likes

It’s like you stepped out your house to take the bins out and then saw everyone running and you joined in :joy:

@malJohann it was a joke btw. I think its awesome

1 Like

What size are you

Funny thing is the guys in the background was pointing and laughing at my footwear earlier in the race, then I decimated them and came 7th overall, but then I was used to running much further with 7kg on my back and I was unloaded in the race so…

4 Likes

I just grabbed all my tools ready to fully disassemble a gear drive because I forgot to line up a washer while putting the shoulder bolt back in :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Went outside, spun my wheel to hear the clicking sound I distinctly remembered hearing last night…

confession

It was a fucking dream I had last night :rofl: my skateboard is perfect just like it was yesterday when I rode it around. It was sooooo real feeling.

This is like going in to work on a day you have off.

11 Likes

I had a recent dream about my skate as well lol

(In real life) I had to do some wire routing so everything can fit into the ESC enclosure, so I cut the xt60 splitter off and didn’t wire it back up all the way

Fast forward to the dream where I was going way faster than my board should technically be able to go(dream logic), and I remembered that I messed with the splitter so it wasn’t ‘ride ready’ (not that it wasn’t wired at all). The panic I felt in the dream was enough to wake me up with cold sweats😭

5 Likes

Nope must be some Aboriginal street name.
Here it’s either barefoot or closed shoes for running.

4 Likes

Same, But mine was that it was my first ride on my new build (still not done yet, dream logic) and the motors rattled off the mounts and got completely screwed up along with the back truck snapping… Mind you IRL my motors haven’t even come yet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes