Esk8 confessional

Dream logic is a bitch, but it makes me 300% more likely to check, and recheck… and recheck my hardware again before I deem it acceptable for use :joy:

So I guess it has its upsides? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I constantly have a dream about 4wd carvons

I think I’m an addict

2 Likes

I often dream of an Esk8 that doesnt need to be repaired… ever.

Carvons arent on it for a reason :crazy_face:

6 Likes

i blew up my spare inner tube for science

5 Likes

South-American actually.

1 Like

Realised last night it might be a good idea to cover the male XT90 port left open when I unplug the loop-key. 2yo’s and 7yo’s have little pokey fingers and a heap of curiosity, just blessed nothing has happened yet. :exploding_head::flushed:

2 Likes

Did you learn anything?

1 Like

YUP

1 Like

i just stole a tiny little PCB mounted block resistor off an old vesc 4.12 to fix an evolve remote.

7 Likes

i dreamed that i found a used single motor board for sale that came with freeboard bindings for $100

in the dream i rode it and was able to turn tighter than i’ve ever turned before

7 Likes

Forgive me for I have sinned

I’ve been waiting to go for a ride until night to avoid people on the best routes and use my cool new flashlight but by the time 10pm rolls around I just want to waste my life away in front of the computer for the rest of the night.

8 Likes

Either my new spool of solder smells like bacon or that’s the smell of my braincells frying as I continue to inhale solder fumes :thinking:

Board is alive again, finally. Yeehaw

6 Likes

bought new in box caliber trucks to see what i’m missing out on, paid $40 shipped

they arrived usps priority, shipping label indicates $20.00 in postage

kinda feel bad for the seller

6 Likes

I’m on my board for the first time in a week due to the constant rain but it doesn’t spark any joy…

6 Likes

Telemetry logs are annoying to scroll through and read so I often skip them :grimacing:

7 Likes

My brudah here !

1 Like

Want to build esk8 stuff.

2 Likes

Horrible confession to make
@b264 is right

Hfi for the win

Switched to it on 1 motor and it is amazing
Bit loud on the bench but awesome everywhere else

Still have some issues when heavy acceleration up a steep hill but I think that is because of the hall sensor motor

@b264 wins

2 Likes

i learned that proper belt tension/adjustment makes a big difference in acceleration, braking and efficiency. I may have to lower battery and motor values…this thing is too damn fast now.

2 Likes

I bought 3D Servisas pulleys from @CiscoV without first checking to see if they would fit on my TB precision trucks. Now I am stuck living that bolt-on life.

2 Likes