eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

that is exactly the details I provided @murdomeek with, but I assume he needs to cancel the previous order first. Everything will be in a new thread hopefully!

2 Likes

I diligently await details!

Thanks meng!

1 Like

Would these work with the Torqueboards Direct drive ?

1 Like

We stock them as well, they should fit with any kegel core adapters

Just bought a set, really hope they do fit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The group buy is up!
You can find all the information in this thread here:

1 Like

@BillGordon

Over at the thread you said: 58kv drives, 110 wheels and 10s3p. max speed 22.5mph.

That checks out according to this calculator (with 84% efficiency based on your weight I assume)

I also found out that the calculator gets that speed using 3.6 nominal volts. However, we charge our batteries to ~4.2 nominal volts. Shouldn’t the top speed reflect that?

Do you notice that its faster when fully charged? And how much do you weigh? Maybe you ARE just too fat :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, I’m trying to calculate wheel sizes and max speeds for my DD build :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Think that minibike can go over 22.5 MPH? There’s your answer.

4 Likes

I’m 6’3" and roughly 230. So an effective windbreak/anchor combination.

4 Likes

giphy%20(3)

4 Likes

It just all depends if you’re going uphill or downhill :sweat_smile:

I’d imagine off a cliff would be the fastest :laughing:

1 Like

Imagine esk8 on the moon haha @BillGordon

Excellent suggestion. I will test this soon.

1 Like

haven’t see anything about heat buildup.

i’m putting together a 12s4p 58kv drive setup right now.

my set of metasurf drives get hot af and lose efficiency. couple weeks ago i tried helping a rickshaw up a hill and the drives got hot almost instantly and started cogging.

do these drives have the same issue? i bet they do…

@Fosterqc asked about my truck set-up on another thread.

I run my eLofty in a drop-thru configuration in the DKP front truck, but I run my rear truck without the middle piece of the DKP truck, so it’s like a TKP?, and mount it under the board with about 12mm risers, so I get a split angle setup, (50-35) very stable, but easy carving and no wheel bite or drive fouling the deck.

I don’t use this piece on the rear trucks

9 Likes

Thanks for showing this :slight_smile: On tuesday I’ll get my 4wd elofty kit excited :smiley: I wasn’t aware of the TKP/DKP only situation with these. :man_facepalming: I have a Hammock baseplate for split angle in RKP but now I’m happy and looking forward to Fedex :wink:

3 Likes

cool, glad it helped… a word of caution, check EVERY single screw, nut, everything on these drives… nothing was lock tight, and not even every screw was tight, the most troublesome for me was when my brand new (replacement drive) started to unscrew on the actual can…

and on the replacement axle, the threads on the 12mm nut was not long enough to engage the nylock, check that and add some lock tight. In fact, lock tight everything, also the nuts on the axle are 8mm and not typical Esk8 nuts grab a bunch of those at the local hardware store while you wait, and some emery cloth, wet and dry or probably your wheel bearings won’t fit…

On my first axle I sanded down the bearing surface by hand… on the second axle I took EVERYTHING apart and chucked it up in a low-speed lathe and took my time making sure everything was nat’s butt on…

Good luck bro… we’ll be here to help ya out if ya need it!

2 Likes

Let us know how this works out, honestly I don’t think an RKP baseplate will work out, others have used TKP baseplates, but the kingpin and pivot wont work out well in RKP. as far as I know.

1 Like

Yeah, I know, thats why I will sell the hammock :wink: Thanks for the hints

2 Likes

They won’t fit perfectly in a random TKP baseplate, so will chew up the pivot cups at an accelerated rate. I keep spares on hand and throw soap shavings in there.

1 Like