eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Was there loctite on the bolts?

That sucks though :confused:

Clearly not.

2 Likes

Doesnt look like it other side had 3 loose. I was actually worried I would never get the out based on other peoples reports. I added thread locker. Dont assume anything.

If you guys are interested in a group buy, We can match the price of $267. We can even throw in a set of grey 90mm boosted wheels for $40 :wink:

10 Likes

Has anyone taken similar routes with the TBDD and elofty, along with metr mapping? I feel like the elofty is like a little 5056 compared to the TBDDā€¦ Which would be a 6374 or something šŸ¤·

The half price is tempting but am I really getting a full product at that point :thinking::eyes:

I donā€™t think youā€™re sacrificing power at all. I think the difference is in build quality. The TBDD will probably work for miles and miles out of the box. These will require some upkeep it seems

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t expect that big of a gap in power, but TB DD looks far better built.

5 Likes

Thanks @BillGordon and @ryansinatra

Thereā€™s no massive change coming, right? No planned release :thinking:

How thick is the can on these? I imagine TB products as good chunky tanks, so Iā€™m just curious if the elofty has better clearanceā€¦

Ah I need to save money but I want a DD :exploding_head: Iā€™ll get you money somehow Dexter :joy:

As for upkeep it just seems like most people havenā€™t put on loctiteā€¦ Right? šŸ¤· Sounds easy enough to me

E; lmao look at me suckin dexs dick :joy: as if id buy those problematic DDs now LULW

1 Like

I still havenā€™t gotten around to putting on loctite yet. Been messing with things so I was waiting.

Iā€™ll obviously continue to update my findings here. If you scroll up above, I know someone took apart the motors and measured everything

2 Likes

Anyone know where I can get a abec adaptor for the newer (different axel 8mm\10mm bearings dont fit)
File or Purchase?

1 Like

Airless kegals from china arrive look out for for review and possibility to conversion to inner tube.

10 Likes

cant wait! :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are super hard i can see them not effecting range that much there is no way the tyre is coming off without a stanley knife. Will see how much clearance it adds to the evo. My inner engineer couldnt wait to get home and put my calipers on them to find battery was dead. If its not 100s Of a MM I am not interested.

2 Likes

Thoughts on a CNC ABEC wheel adapter for those interested head on over to the eLofty Group buy thread and voice a desire. 30 bux is a pretty good price I feelā€¦

3 Likes

anyone running these on BLDC?
is it significantly louder?

1 Like

The closest I can give you is this:

With bldc/maker-X combo: very quiet
With Hobbywing esc: very quiet
With LingYi: noisy whine but I like it

6 Likes

I luv the noisy whine when accelerating (but the little yappy ankle-biting dogs H8 it, hahahaha)ā€¦ stealth-mode super quiet when coasting!

1 Like

Thanks
Is all of this sensored? or sensorless?

2 Likes

Sorry, sensorless.

1 Like
1 Like