eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

I run mine on 12s foc on vesc based esc, it is smooth to accelerate, has a little cool whine on startup then goes silent

4 Likes

Whatā€™s the count for the group buy currently? Are we having one? @Esk8supply

3 Likes

@murdomeek and I are arranging the details will let you know soon :+1:

2 Likes

lemme knowā€¦ flesh out the deets, I may want to go 4wd on my eLofty rigā€¦ the price seems right, but Iā€™d really like to know, concisely, in one post, exactly what I am buying, whatā€™s included and the priceā€¦ the other thread is so jumbled up I think that I may just be buying a mystery boxā€¦

Thanks kidz for putting this together!!!

3 Likes

that is exactly the details I provided @murdomeek with, but I assume he needs to cancel the previous order first. Everything will be in a new thread hopefully!

2 Likes

I diligently await details!

Thanks meng!

1 Like

Would these work with the Torqueboards Direct drive ?

1 Like

We stock them as well, they should fit with any kegel core adapters

Just bought a set, really hope they do fit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The group buy is up!
You can find all the information in this thread here:

1 Like

@BillGordon

Over at the thread you said: 58kv drives, 110 wheels and 10s3p. max speed 22.5mph.

That checks out according to this calculator (with 84% efficiency based on your weight I assume)

I also found out that the calculator gets that speed using 3.6 nominal volts. However, we charge our batteries to ~4.2 nominal volts. Shouldnā€™t the top speed reflect that?

Do you notice that its faster when fully charged? And how much do you weigh? Maybe you ARE just too fat :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, Iā€™m trying to calculate wheel sizes and max speeds for my DD build :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Think that minibike can go over 22.5 MPH? Thereā€™s your answer.

4 Likes

Iā€™m 6ā€™3" and roughly 230. So an effective windbreak/anchor combination.

4 Likes

giphy%20(3)

4 Likes

It just all depends if youā€™re going uphill or downhill :sweat_smile:

Iā€™d imagine off a cliff would be the fastest :laughing:

1 Like

Imagine esk8 on the moon haha @BillGordon

Excellent suggestion. I will test this soon.

1 Like

havenā€™t see anything about heat buildup.

iā€™m putting together a 12s4p 58kv drive setup right now.

my set of metasurf drives get hot af and lose efficiency. couple weeks ago i tried helping a rickshaw up a hill and the drives got hot almost instantly and started cogging.

do these drives have the same issue? i bet they doā€¦

@Fosterqc asked about my truck set-up on another thread.

I run my eLofty in a drop-thru configuration in the DKP front truck, but I run my rear truck without the middle piece of the DKP truck, so itā€™s like a TKP?, and mount it under the board with about 12mm risers, so I get a split angle setup, (50-35) very stable, but easy carving and no wheel bite or drive fouling the deck.

I donā€™t use this piece on the rear trucks

9 Likes

Thanks for showing this :slight_smile: On tuesday Iā€™ll get my 4wd elofty kit excited :smiley: I wasnā€™t aware of the TKP/DKP only situation with these. :man_facepalming: I have a Hammock baseplate for split angle in RKP but now Iā€™m happy and looking forward to Fedex :wink:

3 Likes