What do you guys recommend?

10 Likes

“Razor” - Street/AT Tire

Grippy and good for carving.

Purchase Links

Amazon Link PRIME UK - ÂŁ43.96

Aliexpress Link - 45.88 US$ , £35.41 , €41.47

Comments

@DerelictRobot I rock those exact tires when I want super grippy soft street slicks. They’re great and a lot of fun to carve hard on.

@DerelictRobot I run those Razor streets at like 45psi.

12 Likes

Offroad (like MBS Vine):

Best for commuting and harsh terrain, expect high mileage.

Purchase Links - Around 52 US$ , £40 , €47.00 for a set.

Aliexpress Link 1

Aliexpress Link 2

Clones

MBS

Comments

@DerelictRobot I run my Alibaba nylon knobbies at 50-60psi

@rich Comparison Video

18 Likes

KENDA K909 200x50

Don’t know much about these but they are made by KENDA and Lacroix use them. I can see that on Taobao that they are around $8/pc

Purchase Links

Taobao $32/set 建大200x50

Lacroix $120/set

EBAY, SHIPS FROM US $60/set

Comments

14 Likes

That kenda one just looks like a puffed up evolve wheel, mold appropriation I’m sure.

6 Likes

If they’re genuine Kenda tyres iirc they’re highly regarded as high quality.
I’ve also had a good experience with the offroad 8" “alibaba tires” found on the syl-08 drivetrains. I think you linked em’

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20191118025356&SearchText=8"+scooter+tire

Good thread though, keep posting findings!

3 Likes
4 Likes

@Venom121212 those are the Razor tires yeah?

Also +1 for those Kendas. I’ve been running them on LoveChild. Quality. They feel like tougher Razor tires

5 Likes

Is this economical as in long lasting, purchase price or range? :thinking:

1 Like

not range

this

But Im no expert I created this thread so I can get the best bang for my buck

4 Likes

Good topic, my opinion about tires changed :man_shrugging:

For a commuter or AT build riding a lot on concrete these might be good because of long range and cheap price. Also they should be kind of flat-proof because they are hard as rocks. The biggest disadvantage is the uncomfortable ride especially off-road, you feel every single small stone similar to the hard 7" Evolve tires which I’m using on my commuter.

Furthermore the Aliexpress tires chunk

I won’t use them anymore for MTB because of the harsh feeling and bad grip. Let’s be honest, you save max. 40% but loose 100% fun. I would recommend to buy the proper rubber tires with less range but much better riding experience (like MBS, Trampa) but order cheap tubes from Aliexpress. In EU a single tube often costs like 9-10€, on Aliexpress you get 4 for less money.

But of course it’s a must to fill the tubes with green slime (bicycle tube sealant) when using soft tires if you don’t like punctures all the time. A tube for 2 bicycle tubes is good for at least 8x 8" tubes.

9 Likes

They feel a tiny bit different from the amazon razor ones I got recently but the tread is the exact same so I think it’s the same factory, maybe different pour. They have a harder, waxy finish that smooths out after a handful or rides.

2 Likes

Probably the same kind of nylon that the hard Alibaba knobbies are made from.

@rich I found all that to be accurate until I got a couple hundred miles into those tires. They do soften a bit. Don’t get me wrong, much nicer tires out there, but nothing has beat how long these last for me personally.

4 Likes

The kaly has the first tires on it.

They are super smooth and quiet, pretty good efficiency so far. I did feel them slip in acceleration when I went in to so dew covered grass though.

I Kinda want to buy some of the knobbys and switch them out soon too

3 Likes

Cheap Chinese tires are the best. I use 6" ones that are available for <$5 on taobao for tube and tire. No puncture till date( 1200+700km done on 2 boards)

And I do about 18wh/km on belt drive one and 16wh/km on direct drive one. I use a bit more than 70psi.

3 Likes

Valid point, nothing can beat the durability, none of the rubber tires survive more than a couple hundred miles :laughing:

My personal record for rubber tires are 600km (373m) with MBS Vine tires and the first set of Trampa Treads (hard compound). The second set of the Treads lasted 200-300km (124-186m) only because of practicing slides on a single day and battery charge.

7 Likes

Might try the Kendas then

@jujo this is your fault

5 Likes

I low-key feel bad

High-key wanna ask you where you’re gonna get your kendas cuz I might wanna buy some too

2 Likes

Im just pissing about. The setup doesnt cost much

ÂŁ45 for the hubs
ÂŁ40 minimum for the tyres

Yeah Kendas look interesting

2 Likes

Trampa Primo Alpha are really good

1 Like