Best pneumatic tires?

@RyEnd you had some 10" on fivestars right? They bulged over the side of the hub a bit but worked as long as there was clearance.

2 Likes

This might not be the right place to ask, but why do they have tubes and not set up like a car tire? cost to make a hub that would seal a bead?

1 Like

Because you need special tools to inflate tubeless tires, if I remember correctly. Tubes ist just way easier and more versatile, also very much better for us home gamers.

2 Likes

I don’t understand what you mean. The rest makes sense though.

He means the cost of tooling to change a tire at home would be more expensive than it’s worth therefore having inner tubes is better for those of us building at home

3 Likes

Anyone running 9 inch tires from aliexpress?

Just found this for 8 inches

About 40psi is right for them. Higher they feel like shit and lower the tyre slides on the rim. Maybe to 30psi on front non-powered wheels and 40 back

1 Like

Keep in mind 9 inch wheels are 1.5x the weight of 8 inch wheels and 10 inch wheels are about 1.5x the weight of 9 inch. You’ll be running about 6kg of wheels and that shit gathers inertia really easy

4 Likes

Yeah thanks. I’ve decided against 10s. If trampas 9 mudpluggers were cheaper or I could avoid the shipping cost id get em in a heartbeat. It’s $30 more for me to get 9s and 8s from mbs… but the t2 tread isn’t as nice as mudpluggers and I want max grip. Also I’ll need to wait for july to get t2s…

1 Like

I got 2 mudpluggers a few days ago and just ordered 3 more to fill the set. They look really nice.
Dunno where you’re from but international shipping is like £12 from them and the prices are without tax on the site. You may or may not be hit with your country’s tax and £10-15 duty on top

1 Like

I ordered a set of 9" tires from Ali and they were WHACK

Tubes inflated to the same psi

Difference in inside tire finish

One had the lining wall visible via a hole

All of the beads were cut by a drunken toddler too. I had to clean up every single one.

Ymmv

8 Likes

The coarse one will eat inner tubes for breakfast

2 Likes

I call him crocotire.

But no worry friend, it will ride fine when installed I was told.

5 Likes

For 50km
Then your tube will misteriously pop and you’ll replace it.
50km later, same thing.
Repeat until you spend more on tubes than on some decent tyres

Even bergs are slightly guilty of this, even though they are smooth, they naturally crease on the sides by design

4 Likes

Yep, this was exactly where majority of my flats occurred. Washing the tubes with soap and water helped a bit but ultimately the 6x2 aliexpress tires and tubes have been the ticket.

4 Likes

Thanks for your input. I came to a similar conclusion. 40 psi feels a little firm, however, I prefer it over say 35 psi bc there is definitely less rolling resistance and I am coming from riding thane exclusively and enjoy the extra bit of free roll. I haven’t tried different pressures between the front and back. Will experiment for sure!

Edit: I have also tried 45 PSI all around. Still usable, but pretty damn firm. I did get much better efficiency however.

3 Likes

:thinking:I have literally been using the same four tubes for two years, better yet I have no idea how old they are because I got them used with a set of tires I bought on the old forum​:thinking:

5 Likes

I ordered a trampa truck in the past. The website says shipping for the tires is about $50. Then there’s the tax. I am in Canada

1 Like

They are really bad at efficiency overall. Not much you can do.
They are straight up 2x consumption to thanes.
Bergs on the other hand are just 1.7x at low pressure and 1.5x packed at 50psi (at 50 they feel like aliexpress ones at 45psi. Aka shit)

1 Like

That’s the problem.
Shipping an empty standard envelope to there is at least £15

1 Like