Best pneumatic tires?

I seem to be perpetually upgrading my (successfully working) first build and want to know everyone’s opinions on different brands of pneumatic tires. I’ve worn out a set of urban treads which I loved and have a set of innova 7” which I hate. Looking for a new set. What’s your favorite?

4 Likes

I’ve heard nothing but good things from the tires @Psychotiller sells.

5 Likes

If he uses Innova and urbans, 6x2 don’t fit on that rim. Unless he changes the whole system

4 Likes

Yeah, the 6x2 psychotiller uses are great, long lasting and you can even ride them with a flat due to the stiff sidewalls.
Unfortunately you can’t use them with normal Trampa and MBS rims as the are larger.

2 Likes

Can you put sixshooter tires on bergmeister rims?

1 Like

Yes yes yes

3 Likes

Sweet, when mine wear down I’ll just get those as replacements maybe

So Bergmeister doesn’t fit on trampa either huh?

Of course not, ID is too small

2 Likes

If you are using Trampa/MBS/Evolve hubs, you can use any of their tyres since they all fit.

I heard that the Evolve 7" tyres are pretty long lasting. I have a set waiting to be used once i wear out my 6.5s.

2 Likes

I love you but I have to correct you on one small thing.

MBS offers several hub options (fivestar, rockstar2, rockstar pro are most common)

ONLY the fivestar rims fit 8" and 9" tires. The rest of the rims only fit 8". They have an extra interior lip to accommodate.

I believe trampa is the same way with their mega star or whatever the largest rim is although I could be wrong.

6 Likes

Ah i see, thanks for clearing the air! I forgot MBS has different hubs.

1 Like

For Urban ridding my hybrid board I really like 8" Trampa Slick Cut…I also use their Treads hard compound, but I like them more on my Mountain board. Have some MBS for the MB board too, but have not tried them yet. I use Slime and no issues with flats anymore since then…

3 Likes

How much slime in each tube you used? In millilitres please

2 Likes

We’ll be dropping our new set in about 30 days. 6.3" Pneumatics 15mm wide belts. Shipping via slow boat to the USA :sob: See :point_right: 🖼 Pictures and nothing else!

13 Likes

Anyone testing these? How’s the feedback been?

1 Like

Let us know if they fit other rims like Rockstar 2 & superstars

2 Likes

Damnit, I just ordered bergmeisters because I was tired of waiting

2 Likes

Damn i like those. I like your final choice with the hub. They look great.

1 Like

Haven’t tested but they might be able too. That’s why I ended up going 6.3" instead of 6" as the rim size is similar to the standard 7-8" pneumatics. You just can’t use larger bearing sizes.

Few people but not enough. But they ride great. I’d imagine more people will switch over to pneumatics. They are a ton of fun and ride through tall grass amazingly. The tire thread was designed for rain and you can rotate the tire the opposite direction for more biting grip for gravel, etc.

They are easily compatible for any of our 15mm wide dual setups on 218s and anything else similar. We do use a bearing for the 62T Pulley. Inside of the rim is still flat for a better seating for any other bolt on pulleys.

Hopefully, a 7"-8" Knobby style tire in the future.

7 Likes