E-Freeboard Freebord Open source Electric Caster

Yeah now the reign of ABS as a strong filament is over, there’s very good PLA out there and nylon is so good, but you need to have a good extruder (I can’t on mine, a stock alphawise U30)
Flexible filament looks so fun to play with

1 Like

I don’t need to print anything super strong mostly just spacers and things to hold stuff for this first design.

One project that jumps out at me you might be interested in, is 3D printing a mould to cast my own wheels onto the cores of ruined leiftech Wheels. They could be slightly wider and more rounded like the powerball I think or I had a funny idea to try to make a Shark Wheel version :snake:

1 Like

2 Likes

This stuff maybe more belongs in the Veiftech thread but I am doing this to hopefully use the parts for other electric freeboards.

1 Like

Very nice work on the model !
What info are you trying to get from it ?

1 Like

does this answer your question?

I’m bored

2 Likes

NOICE !
thanks, those pictures and schematics are going to be useful for me

1 Like

Its been an hour now, getthafakout!

1 Like

my interbutt is sloeww

@LuuktH let me know if the pack and go worked

1 Like

Im going to bed rn :rofl: gots to gets up early tomorrow!

Sorry i cant check :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

not enough wheels

tank lookin

I have been thinking about doing something like this but with 5-X style spring trucks at 0 degrees.

I have been thinking about how I could add in the self balancing feature to this board, after giving it some thought I think it could actually be implemented in a useful way.

If you think about a Funwheel, it’s job is to make sure you don’t have a nosedive. When you are riding a freeboard you have a similar concern, the front side coming down onto the road. Also known as “catching an edge”.

So I’m wondering if you could have self balancing running in the background and sense the tilt angle so when you are about to catch an edge it would give a slight power increase to shift your weight back into the slide.

I basically think it could work because it would always know the direction of travel so it would not be confused by the spinning. It might not be a solid idea for some reason.

@NuRxG interested if you think an adapter version of the self balancing feature could do this?

2 Likes

hmmm but how would the device know the good balancing side ( the sliding one) from the bad side where you catch the edge ? based on the direction of movement ? it can do that ?

1 Like

I believe so, the accelerometer should know the direction on travel. I think the main issue would be like like going down hills I think that would “brake” my idea.

He looks like the human centipede.

2 Likes

omg goodness I found it “JMK ride wheel download” dang keywords

my file for this took a wrong turn and disappeared

These might possibly be a good choice for a wheel

\

oh man… gotta look for those

1 Like

Dude you are really going to town! Wow

Been on a freeboard once and it scared the shit out of me, but was not on a steep enough hill to get the “break free” point of the caster spring to feel consistent.
Coming from a life of snowboarding, catching an edge on pavement is no bueno.
Good luck man, pretty impressive so far!

You get your printer yet?
Your cad skills :drooling_face:

1 Like

yes printing printing yes, I need to order this tube:

that will (UPDATE… NOT)fit the 6007 bearings Actual 35mm od tube needed.

I’m going to cut the bearings I got out of the shit castings that were too big anyways, then I will have to design my own bearing seat.

Still need to figure out how to get suspension fit somewhere, also an endstop. I figure I can print a model to get an idea of how much force is needed. Excited to try the prototype not sure what issues I will have, besides ruining this poor wind turbine slip ring. Not sure if vibration or contaminants will get it first.

Lastly I have not uploaded this project yet so I should do that.

2 Likes