Does anyone have experience with Tattu lipo batteries?

I’m torn between a Turnigy Graphene 12000mah 15C battery or a Tattu 12000mah 15C battery, I’m leaning towards the Graphene as they’re well renowned for their quality but am curious if the Tattu would be up to the task. Tattu also has very cheap 14ah 25c packs which seem strangely cheap but was curious if anyone had any experience or information on their quality.
Batteries I was looking at:

https://www.amazon.com/Tattu-12000mAh-Lipo-Battery-Pack/dp/B08B3PQQSK/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=tattu+lipo+12000mah&qid=1608878507&sr=8-1

Tattu lipos are good.
Where are you located?
If stateside, you might ask if there are some left (last status was 2 left if I’m not wrong)

I’m on the east coat, I’ll ask him if hes got a couple more.
How do you think they may stack up to the graphenes considering cycle life?

1 Like

tattu is brand name when it comes to this stuff.

The cheap prices are because said batteries are discontinued i.e. clearance.

1 Like

I’d say yes with having personal experience.
@Arzamenable can probably give you a good feedback on Tattu lipo cycle life.

The graphens you linked are a good choice as well, but if you ride them hard be prepared they will last maybe one busy season only.

2 Likes

I’ve found some reliable sources stating the graphenes can cycle well over 600 times, id really like to buy both of these packs and see how they compare up. I’ll PM that guy someone mention to see if he has any info on tattus cycle life.

Cycle life very much depends on the way you use the packs and how you charge and store them.

That’s the factory data for the Tattu packs Cycle life.

2 Likes

Oops, @Andy87 posted as I was writing my post. :slightly_smiling_face:

Be careful when comparing packs.

Any cycle life specs are useless without knowing the charge voltage and low voltage cutoff point during cycle life testing, the timing of the cycles, the max temp allowed, the charge and discharge current levels, and what determines when the cell is at the end of its life (percentage of capacity loss? Percentage of internal resistance increase?).

You won’t be able to compare the cycle life of two different packs unless these things are the same for the two packs.

8 Likes

You guys are wizards with knowledge, thank you so much for all this information. Leaves me with so many questions though.

1 Like

Don’t make things too complicated.
If you can get them for a good price, go with the tattus.
If no and you on a budget, go with the graphens.
In general just take care that you best cut off not below 3.6V per cell, store them at 3.8V per cell and if possible charge them up to 4.2V per cell only close before you want to go on a ride.
How many cycles you will get out of them you will then figure out by your own.
Like @Battery_Mooch said, don’t trust anybody stating you get XY charge/discharge cycles out of a pack. In esk8 there is never the same continues discharge current for a full discharge cycle, so you also can’t compare it with a bench cycle life test.

3 Likes

@Andy87 You should add some knowledge in here :slight_smile:

See my edit. Thx for pointing it out. Could have been interpreted wrong :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Andy87 still probably consider putting something in there

Your numbers are probably better than what’s in there.

I prefer tattu, seen some friends damage them but they have never swelled up like turnigy’’s seem to after misuse, at least to me they seem to take abuse better (dispose of damaged lipos correctly). Best to get them on sale tattu tends to clearance old stock off from time to time but not as often as hobbyking sales though.
Don’t have experience with the newer graphene packs and haven’t heard that many bad things (some marketing BS too)

2 Likes

I have Hobbyking, HRB, and Tattu plus…All of them are working good…Some of them with more of 3 years of use (not abused). Just take care of them…I bought the Tattu Plus because they have an integrated bms system, and it help me to be more lazzy on leaving the battery un attended… By the other hand, i have a 12s8p 30Q, and is my golden choice…

1 Like

12s8p 30Q that’s insane, I really want to grab a li-ion battery but getting one built by a expert builder is just too expensive for me at the moment.
I think I’m gonna end up grabbing two 12ah 6s tattus. Thank you all for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wait, I would be a little suspicious of the Amazon link.

It’s not sold by tattu but instead a third party reseller. The actual battery itself is on tattu’s website for double the price.

The reseller is in Hong Kong, so for all we know, those batteries could be manufacturer reject, etc.
The reseller didn’t even bother putting in a correct product description. The description of the connector in “what you get” is wrong.

2 Likes

I thought the same thing and thought it was quite odd that the seller titled gems ace&Tattu has this pack for 260 and a seller called SQS store has it for 130. I thought it may be fine because on the Tattu official website there are other 14ah 25c packs for $150 dollars, still I messaged the seller and they just replied.
Response:
Hi,
Thanks for your interest, we are the authorized seller. The price is cheaper than others due to Christmas Day and the limited stock. If you have any concerns, please let us know.
Best Regards,
Kayla

You guys have any thoughts?

Those packs are the ones that tattu discontinued (forgot the reason why).

Maybe try asking if the batteries have been tested before shipping, and keep them in a place where if they fail it won’t cause too much damage. Maybe they’re still safe but won’t perform as well? Idk. Keep Amazon’s return policy handy.