DIWHY did you build this

Could be the mascot of this thread.

14 Likes

it could be worse, right?

1 Like

I would ride the hell out of that, jank or not it looks fun!

2 Likes

Ah yes the electric penny farthing

4 Likes

You think? I can’t see why it would be more fun than a scooter, and the riding position with the handlebars that far forward might be awkward.

2 Likes

I haven’t ever been on a scooter so I can’t really give a opinion, but I had a kick scooter with the big wheels (maybe 16 in) when I was a kid and I rolled over anything on it.

I definitely see why you put it here, but I’m a sucker for anything that has a motor so I’d ride about anything in this category with no shame :grin:

4 Likes

You’re just supposed to be accelerating so hard all the time that the weight balances out

1 Like

Electric skatootercle

5 Likes

How is this not a real word

7 Likes

It is now. Be the change you want to see.

4 Likes

thank you so much for the smile … reminded me I’ve done worse… from an old confession post :joy:

I’m quite proud of the frankenstein post-apocolyipic style of my ‘will last 1 ride no more’ collection of old china bits build :joy:

yup that is some of that green gardening wire and hotglue :grinning:

20 Likes

Oh my god this is gnarly (both in a good and bad way)

6 Likes

Man that’s something else, I love the assembled crap bolted to the bottom. I had pulley bolts that stick out 30-50mm from the wheels on all 4 wheels, and the jagged metal of the rulers poking out from the deck, so my group of acoustic friends have started trying to work out if it’s more ‘weaponised roman chariot’ or 'stealth mad Max’s

Ahhhh I’m also a big big fan of this. No more ewaste, just add jank and you’ve got another board. Also a small bit of ABS dissolved in some acetone will make a slurry you can use to at least partially bond or seal that suture

2 Likes

Frankenstein’s Enclosure

1 Like

Just the motors… Lmao

1 Like

No no you don’t understand. This is for a circle track racer that only turns left!

6 Likes

Two tiny esk8 you strapped to each foot in an interesting idea, unexpected functionally way to carry two boards.

9 Likes

Only you.

4 Likes

Riding 2 boards actually, not carry.

Box with battery and propulsion, sounds familiar.

Electric. Land. Skis.

Say it with me now.

2 Likes