DemonGeese | Semendeed | 21s4p | 2x D100s | 4wd

Sweet thanks, yeah I’ll have to give this one and the one @glyphiks shared.

Also, Al what size copper bars did you use in the loop key tutorial you did again?

1 Like

Forgot to mention it, but downside with split PPM is I can’t use just the Minnie to log. I know there are ways to do just CAN data, but that involves turning off “multiple ESCs on CAN”. And I don’t think there’s a combination for two duals that’d work. Anyways threw in a spare metr pro onto the other side, not as ideal but at least it should log errors.

1 Like

When running split PPM did you ever have to do anything concerning RPM differences between the two ESCs? Wondering if I need to worry about that at all. Maybe it’s come up with spit receivers as well @b264?

1 Like

No, because we typically use current control mode and not (e)rpm control.

I am not sure if there are any shenanigans when hitting top speed but if you set your Duty Cycle Current Limit Start appropriately, I don’t think it would matter.

No issues there… only thing I noticed was that the escs didn’t seem to show accurate current or consumption data. Otherwise no different to being connected by can.

1 Like

Decided to go with part of @sleepless captured loopkey design so thanks for those files dude. I just took the t handle part.

There’s a bit more peace of mind with how it sits flush with the board. I ended up popping the resistor of the other loopkey anyhow lol being 21s and whatnot (@Evwan warned). But I’m not using it like your traditional loopkey so that shouldn’t be a problem going forward.

I also spent a good amount of time swapping out all the 3Link screws to something more corrosion resistant as mine were starting to oxidize.

9 Likes

Hell yeah :heart_eyes:

Now get into some t-race so we can have 2 semendeeds in the top 10 :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Bought the cones a while back have definitely been slacking getting out there and doing the race. Soon, but gotta get some confidence on the board first. @patrickcleary you’re not alone, even on a new board one must gain confidence :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

2 Likes

So……. Yeah we have problems. Went out to try and push it, didn’t push it that hard and hitting a bunch of over currents.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_vomiting::sob:

Right now I’m thinking since it’s happening to all the ESCs maybe it’s my power wires and the soldering job. I thought maybe poor loop key construction so fixed that (since it was easily accessible, but no dice). Time to open ‘er back up ughhhh.

Before that I thought I was ready to button it all up. Changed the color once more, wrap the hub caps, tried to fix CAN using @YUTW123 suggestions but no go there so still running split ppm.

Side note, if you thought 4wd open gear was loud, combined with 21s 6355 v6 skp reachers (@Skyart) it’s fucccccking loud af. Like imma wear mf ear plugs while riding loud. It screams, cuts through the wind, eardrum piercing, ear ringing loud but only from 10-20mph lol.

This about to be me:

10 Likes

tinnitus go brrrrrrrrrr

2 Likes

Something definitely not right to be drawing that much current.

How are you finding the landsurfs for wear and grip?

Grip is fantastic, can still burnout on a launch ofc lol, but racing wise they grip really nice around corners. After one race day I can see the rubber starting to develop a peel pattern so, they probably won’t have a ton of life on the track. But for normal everyday riding I’m sure they’ll last a decent amount. My guess they’d probably last longer than the SKP 175 tires.

They’re hard, but apparently the old ones were harder(?), which makes the free roll on them nice but ride a bit harsh. Definitely harsher than the Meepos I previously had on.

So… that’s why I bought a second set already to have on standby lol.

Hope u work it out :crossed_fingers: Nothng worse. I rebuilt my entire race board when i couldn’t determine the cause of my cutouts.

4wd 21s must be crazy!

I ordered a set but shipping is steep. I’m killing the meepos in 3 or 4 sessions now so I’m hoping the landsurfs do give me a bit more time to play.

David pilny said he got 2 years out of the originals and he rides like a maniac.

1 Like

Thanks dude! I’m bummed but currently still hopeful we’ll figure it out. Definitely not confidence inspiring right now riding.

@poastoast thinks these are softer and grippier than the original formula as well (he also had his for a really long time) so, maybe not 2 years let’s shoot for one lol.

1 Like

ya, here are mine, installed 19 Nov 2021 and ran until the first batch of V2s came in

bruh that binding placement is crazyyyy its so sideways / in the middle of the deck

Is that comfortable for you?

In the little riding I have done it’s not so bad, I do twist my foot a bit inside the binding though. On the Northcamp it was too aggressively angled forward and that gave me bad leverage toe side. Hence I moved it in a bit more this time.

1 Like

Maybe his track is just “Oops all heelside turns”