DemonGeese | Semendeed | 21s4p | 2x D100s | 4wd

Funny though on this board it’s the heel side that’s giving me a bit of trouble now. Does everyone lean/sit back on heel side turns with bindings or is something wrong with me lol

We can’t all be ambiturners

3 Likes

I suck at heelside too, million times more comfortable diving into a toeside turn

1 Like

It’s a weight shift thing and moving your back foot helps

1 Like

Yep times a million. If I fall toe side, I can catch myself with my hands. If I fall heel side, it’s back of head (helmet) on pavement. Probably the same reason I couldn’t do a backflip until I was 25. Absolute mental no no. I still go embarrassingly slow when going through gravel on heel side turns.

4 Likes

Right right I think that’s what I’m doing. Toe side I lean forward both over the board and towards the nose. Heel side lean back/sit both over the board and towards the tail. It’s slightly strange/awkward because it’s way more than in snowboarding for me. The sit back motion.

4 Likes

You got a typo in there friend

I’m lazy so just imagine I created a pic of a foot with 10 toes and no heel

2 Likes

My toe side sucks. Id love to get my knee down like I see all the other fast Bois doing. Instead I’ve got my back foot right over one side of the deck trying to hook the edge of it with my toes. Maybe its easier with a binding?

3 Likes

Someone needs to midjourney this

2 Likes

Am I the only one here more comfortable with heelside than toeside? I feel like I can get way more weight into the turn and get lower since I can squat heelside.

9 Likes

yupyup! meeeee too

4 Likes

Me three. And if i lean over too much i just fall straight onto my back with arms in like a turtle haha (for lower speed turns like T Racing). I have good armor underneath!

2 Likes

Alright alright I hear squat more lol. I find the Michael Jackson thriller toe side lean easier personally. Heel side does weird things to my front leg.

giphy

1 Like

The Michael Jackson lean works great for me on toeside… until I lose the rear, then suddenly I’m flying through the air…

I feel like the knee bend on heelside gets me a lot more granular control and a potential way to correct if I lose traction

2 Likes

40 year old snowboard ravaged ankles don’t like these things :point_up_2:

2 Likes

You just need the binding.

1 Like

I agree, I can get way more heelside turn but riding the edge of sliding out is scarier

3 Likes

Increase the ABS current to 300A, and turn on the slow abs current limit.

1 Like

can we confirm that 4wd works?

quite a bit up there were issues that showed stutters on 4wd but it’s fine on 2wd

(also i heard something about the can chip being unprotected? will that be fixed?)