Carbon Reinforced Nylon | Markforged Services

Markforged services. This MF 3d printer prints carbon reinforced nylon.

I can print any stls that are provided, PM me with a request!

Here is an example;

I am printing these spacers for Trampa Superstars by @Pedrodemio . @ahrav has been running some PLA ones I made for him and he says they have been working well. The The PLA is wearing for sure (we new this would happen ofc, these were just a test)

I am printing these out of MF onyx. I have already sold a few sets. The parts are coming out great!

Price for spacers: Set of 4 $115 shipped from California. :call_me_hand:

Turnaround time on these is really quick (remote printing!).

11 Likes

Yeah nah, those seem to be the @ducktaperules version, which is intended for the Megastars, the @Pedrodemio version is for the Superstars.

no, these are the @Pedrodemio verison.

6 Likes

Maybe I’ve got it wrong, on second look they don’t seem like the @ducktaperules ones.

4 Likes

haha no problem. If I was wrong, I would rather have someone point it out than not.

6 Likes

Are these SLS nylon? If not, price seems a little steep.

Edit: all factors considered, realistically not a bad of a price, especially if you aren’t able to print in Nylon or were thinking 3D Hubs or similar to get these made with a quality filament/printer.

2 Likes

This is markforged filament, a good bit more expensive and higher quality than standard carbon filled nylon. I reduced the price a bit. I spent a while trying to pick a decent price.

PMd

5 Likes

Any chance you can build these for 5stars?

3 Likes

hmm. Maybe. I will try to see if someone has a file. I can try to design some, but don’t have any 5stars on hand.

1 Like

All good. I’m going to start cading again. Computer is on the fritz

1 Like

ahh rip. what happened??

Once you have a design, send it over and we get it on the printer :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

FWIW the print looks awesome, and having read up on the Onyx, seems like it will be plenty strong.

4 Likes

Thanks man. Yes these prints are very strong, we used a lot of onyx parts on our 2020 frc robot. These parts took quite a bit of load and showed little to no wear.

4 Likes

just weirdness with the video out. All fixed now. Gonna mess with some mounts for now.

1 Like

at least you got it fixed. I have been having some issues, turned out to be a dead stick of ram ofc.

Let me know if you want to come over and machine your mounts.

1 Like

Hey @glyphiks, check out these in comparison with your attempt! :laughing:

2 Likes

My attempt broke my printer :sob:

5 Likes

yep, I have rekd a printers hotend tryna print this stuff.

Markforged is amazing, just too expensive

1 Like

one of our students wrecked the extruder on ours and our head mentor shit bricks because it was so expensive until she remembered we had a spare and I swapped it.

4 Likes

our machine had issues when we got it, so they sent a replacement head. Fixed everything.

It can be a finicky printer, as all 3d printers are. But with remote print and its reliability (usually), I can print from home knowing I can pick up a perfect part the next morn.

4 Likes