Building with the Bustin Sportster

Do you have any top down pics of how it clears when it turns? I’m running 220mm hangars and it’s getting bite at full lean with the trucks moved an extra 3/8" past the last hole

Sure. I’ll be home tomorrow, I’ll get some photos and/or video for you. :+1:

FWIW, I chose the Fatcone specifically because it’s meant to restrict movement a bit. And also, I always use Kranks since I can actually dial in the compression and tune it passed the bite point.

1 Like

I have double 90a krank barrels but I’m also a skinny boy so all my bushings run soft

I wonder if Kahua trucks have their hanger more towards the ends compared to caliber and clones, just like Surf Rodz do.

1 Like

All three are different.

Strange

5 Likes

I’m sorry this took so long. My bad. Kahuas on the Sportster.

5 Likes

I can see that the hybrid deck is different, but are the dragon and blank decks actually different?

Can confirm that my sportster is quite stiff. Very little flex when jumping on it but I only weigh 65kg. Bit of a shame since this was meant to be my flexy carver board but I’ll live :upside_down_face:

Your regular Sportster doesn’t flex? Or the Dualomo kit? My deck flexes a bit, not like a Vanguard, but has some give. The Dualomo deck is entirely rigid though.

The cores appears to be different. The older sportster has a solid black core where as the newer one has white mixed in. I’ll get a close up

They all three have a different flex, but not a HUGE difference.

The dualomo is the stiffest then the dragon and then my older plan deck.

The oldest deck is about two years old, somewhat flexier than when it was new, can’t say for sure tho.

Nah the E(core), which I assume is designed to be stiffer.

Thiccc gasket?

2 Likes

Looks like its gonna need it :frowning:

How thick? I would try using a 3mm gasket to start off with. Once all the hardware is bolted in with the gasket those gaps will be eliminated I would assume.

What mounting hardware/risers for the trucks do people use?

I’m currently using no drop through backing frames and vibrations from the road transfer directly to the deck quite noticeably. Is there potential for structural issues when using no backing frames? Really don’t want the drop through nose to snap :upside_down_face:

I fix
I also made a gasket

1 Like

I had the same issue and a 3MM gasket seems to do it.

1 Like

Getting ready to start my build as well.

2 Likes

I couldn’t leave the 10awg wires on top of the batteries at the end of my pack without the deck laying on them before the enclosure touched the deck. Also the xt90 couldn’t be on top of the unity without the same problem.