Building with the Bustin Sportster

I thought about doubling the gasket or trying to find one a bit thicker.
On a different note I am looking for the right adapter to get the haggy drive into the unity.
Thinking it’s 5.5mm to maybe 3.5 on the unity?

Thanks

I cut all them off and used these

Also found this

Adding pics for reference. Is this an acceptable setup for trucks? Or do I need backing frames to prevent the deck cracking or snapping? Really don’t want to street my face on the road if this snaps lol.

1 Like

That is a standard way to mount trucks dropped through. Lots of folks do this with no issues. Backing frames or washer pads will add strength, but are not necessary.

1 Like

Maybe its better to use bolts that are not countersunk, otherwise they look gucci!

2 Likes

Oh yeah thats a good point. Your countersunk bolts there are only making minimal contact with the baseplate @will_manners. You want cap head or button head. Or a countersunk washer :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice! All g I’ll definitely add countersunk washers :pray:

2 Likes

Or, if you have a countersink drill bit, you could also just countersink the baseplate :man_shrugging: It looks plenty thick enough. Shouldnt lose too much strength.

2 Likes

I have the same concern and figured it can’t hurt to buy backing plates so I did.
I think they are from riptide.

1 Like

For sure, I’m going to try making my own out of 3mm Aluminium before buying the riptide ones.

1 Like

Is that an older Haggydrive? The motors look different… Or is Timo finally back??? :flushed:

1 Like

I put washers on the nuts of my drop through. It’s a bit helpful in distributing the stress underneath.

3 Likes

Yep those are the old haggy motors.

Not yet unfortunately :sob:

1 Like

I have 4 of them lol… I think they look pretty cool too.

I also really like the bustin and hope I pick one up at some poin.

1 Like

I’ve been scooping up whatever Haggy stuff I can, I kind of lost hope that it’s coming back. Putting a Haggydrive on a Hummie deck soon, and have Bergs all over the place now. Need to stock up on spares and parts in case it’s a Haggypocalypse.

1 Like

Rock solid combo there.

Can I interest you in some very warped but probably still useable berg tires? No tubes, just the tires.

1 Like

Maayyyybe. :eyes:

So it took a few emails but he got back to me and sent me the drive a few weeks ago.
So new unless he had an old new one he sent.
He was great included some urethane at no charge, great guy.

Wait, Timo is back!?!? When exactly was this!?

Details please.