Boardnamics MBS Matrix II Motor Mounts

if the belt does not slip the forces are the same with belt or chains, even greater with belt because of its tension

I never had a belt not slipping doing a full brake from 20km/h. Maybe just my setup :tipping_hand_man:

1 Like

is it possible to use those motor plates with the Caliber profile clamps?

Very common question with a sad answer, no :frowning:

2 Likes

Sorry, I must have skipped the information while going through the thread.
thanks for your reply :v:

Early review on these. Only about 5 rides in. So say 40 miles or so. No jumping down stairs.
The hardware that comes with these is extra beefy. You can really crank it tight.
I am using chain drive.
MBS plastic baseplate is already broken.
The mounts ain’t moved !!!

8 Likes

I got these baseplates from Jenso @NoWind
I don’t think they will break.

13 Likes

That build is so sexy

1 Like

Wish that grip wasn’t out of stock :pensive:

2 Likes

You would be the first one which brakes this Bases (-;

2 Likes

Hi. Where did you get the sprocket ? Thanks

1 Like

you got any side profile pics of the slide tensioning bolts? My only hesitation with these AND 8" tires was getting all the bolts tight since 2 would be behind the tire… I tried to zoom in, did i see right your only going with 2 of 4 securing the motor?

1 Like

I have all four bolts in. I have the motors pretty far out. If you have it closer the tires would get in the way. I’ll try to get a couple more pics

1 Like

3 Likes

Thx man I appreciate it! I got a custom set coming from @akhlut but hes been MIA lately, hopefully hes ok given the current global situation but may have to get these as a back up if he dudnt return soon =(

3 Likes

Well… I ordered another mounts from boardnamics and a tracking number was created on March 2nd but has not gone anywhere and he has not responded to my message on here… These are pricey compared to boardnamics but a possible alternative if you end up in need. https://electricboardsolutions.com/products/dual-mount-for-mbs-matrix-ii

Quick edit.
Boardnamics has messaged me and was waiting on hardware.and mounts will be here tomorrow

Man, ive been trying to get a good finish on your hangers but they’re being a pain in my ass. Ive sanded and polished them twice now and im still not happy with them.

The hanger mounts are good.

But even they could do with another round under the buffing wheel.

The problem is the mill finish.

Its really rough and needs to be sanded. Problem is i want a good, uniform finish and that means progressively wet sanding up through 1000 grit. And then polishing from there.

I wish it hadn’t taken so long. But each step along the way adds more time. :frowning:

This is after 600grit then 1000grit. Cleaned and dried. Then heavy cut compound and then a finishing compound. The first go still had some pitting that i couldn’t get out.

You can still see some ghosting on the metal. Needs another pass under the buffing wheel with some fine finishing compound to get the luster up.

7 Likes

There only so much you can do with Aluminum, your going to have to spend a lot of time on it to get a good finished on it.

12 Likes

I know. Its a slow, painful process.

5 Likes