Replies to the official Black Friday deals

Some people have reported issues with them, other like myself have been enjoying them problem free. I just bought a simplify v today and plan to pick up a few more of the watertight ones in a few days ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I have a 6.6 single in case has been good.
10s BLDC.
Just bought 2/6.6 singles with heatsinks for a dual build. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

@EboardSolutions why no discount on matrix 2 mounts ?

1 Like

@Skunk It says 100€ instead of 144€ on the list.

2 Likes

I missed that

2 Likes

Someone posted recently that boardnamics matrix II mounts were good too and Cheap

Edit

1 Like

are the thermals equal or worse in the aluminum case vs just the heatsink? Id assume the whole 6.6 vesc case would act as a heatsink if its all aluminum

Only ordered yesterday so don’t know yet. Ive gone for singles to reduce replacement cost risk in case one fails. Not because of heatsinks size. Don’t need cases as plan is to go inside my haya. . Seems a few people have had failures on one side of the duals.

That is what I thought, I was like, sure I would help but I don’t think I can be too useful without being able to split lol

Flagging seems excessive imo but I guess that is the way it has to be done unless a leader can split it off to this thread

1 Like

Where did you get a simplify version? I only find them with the stupid anti spark

1 Like

I’d like some simplifys also

$209 shipped for a TSG pass! all sizes still availible as of now!
That’s super dope

3 Likes

Back to the Vesc options. Flipsky 6.6 on sale

6.6 singles are $99

The much more powerful dual 6.6 plus is $209

This is not a MTB and by no means a rocket ship. 6355s, 110s max 60amp capable bat

The new 6.6 is only 78x78mm, making it smaller than two singles. Haven’t built with 6.6 and not sure whether or not to take advantage of the sale and overbuild (which should run cooler theoretically)… orrr build for its use and get the redundancy of two vescs.

Appreciate any insight. Thanks :pray:t3:

No.

Buy cheap, buy twice?

2 Likes

I think it fits here better.

Has anyone seen a good 10s 2-3A charger on sale?

As opposed to what? Unity?

Always buy a unity

They’re only recently available, but is their any customer service to back them?

Not really lol, but they’re pretty reliable and every other esc is pretty much trash so🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

I’m the one who asked, so I appreciate the response. Running two flipsky 4.2 at the moment without issues and I see quite a few builds using flipsky vescs. Arguably equal amounts of posts about issues for both platforms here.
Most of the comparison posts are from when the availability was non existent for the unity. Which again, likely has shit support still and has a manufacturer who’s reputation with the community is even worse.

Hard to swallow the additional price looking at all of that. And jumping into an enertion product at all has me nervous