MTB Dreamin' How is it looking?

Plenty of clearance on the chain sprockets. I do think the very corner of the deck is hitting the motor mount. I’m not sure it is hindering turning enough for me to actually b

3 Likes

Yeah Raf is right with the trimming, its really only a problem with gear drives.

Raf, one thing I should mention, even though I’m a little late to the party here, I’ve read that the comp 95 decks are quite prone to delamination… can’t remember where I’ve read it but have certainly seen it mentioned more than once.

Might be a good idea to try and seal the deck and rails as best you can, especially considering its gonna be your winter board :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Unfortunately sooner or later we will have a couple weeks here when it will be too cold and crappy to do anything outside. I may take it apart then to seal it then.

1 Like

Ride 3.
Hit some really cool grass hills near my house.

7 Likes

It looks like tone of fun ! How it was for you ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dude. So cool. Riding in the grass is a whole other dimensions. This park and the elementary school I have by my house are now skateparks. I am still very tentative as I am getting used to the board but going down the rolling hills and doing little slides as you accelerate on the grass is so freaking cool. I’m super stoked I ended up getting this board going .

3 Likes

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. This thing is fun.
Didn’t ride yesterday…
Got ride # 4 in today right after work while there was still some light out. Hit the grass hills behind the hospital near my house.
So stoked about this new dimension.
At 11 miles I still had 34.5v on the battery. Guessing 30% of the ride on grass. A lot of the grass riding was downhill.

Had a good scare trying to make a u turn frontside on the street and lost balance so I tried to come off and my front foot got stuck.

Had more fun doing little slides on grass. So cool. I can’t really slide on any of my electric boards. Only on my little street board. Can’t sort out how to do it with the big boards and super soft wheels.

The Relive video is kind of funny. Very different than the usual long routes I take. But it was basically go up the paved hill… Go down the grass hills.

6 Likes

Well. The plastic baseplate is gone already… That was a bit sooner than I expected. Oh well. Metal ones on the way…

3 Likes

I bought this kit. https://www.momentumboards.com/product-page/momentum-chain-and-sprocket-set

Just got a larger sprocket.

ew you bought from momentum

2 Likes

I did… I feel a little gross about it… I just got a larger sprocket off eBay and realized I could have gotten all the parts separately… But it was after the fact…

2 Likes

Is there anyone from MBS on here? They should sell a sprocket kit on their website…
Easy enough to get the parts. They added a wheel pulley but they should consider adding a chain drive option.

4 Likes

@MBS POKE!
@moon ROFL at EWW comment

3 Likes

What sprockets did you get off ebay? Did you have to drill the bcd holes yourself?

1 Like

I did have to drill the holes. I used the momentum ones as a template… They drilled pretty easily. https://www.ebay.com/itm/70-Tooth-sprocket-25-for-47cc-49cc-Mini-Pocket-bike-MTA1-MTA2-39cc-MTA4-/113145617110

2 Likes

I also bought the momentum boards chain drive kit. Besides the kinda small chain size, it’s a really good budget option. 2x sprockets, chains, motor pulleys, and hardware for $60 wasn’t a bad deal.

2 Likes

I also try to purchase them on is website the shipping cost is 175$ to canada and he try to fix the problem but l don’t have any news from the guy if someone want to sell me 1 sprocket so l can get the drill hole patern l will reproduce them

1 Like

What is the motor pulley size?

1 Like

I started with 12 teeth and just this week switched to 11 teeth

1 Like

Any difderence.in torque and speed?, im doing my list and research for mtb build… Mostly like your build… Do you use 10 or 8 motor shaft?