MTB Dreamin' How is it looking?

Hell yeah man. Full lean doesn’t hit the chains or sprockets on that deck? Better to find out while it’s stationary.

3 Likes

howdy. not the chain sprockets.i don;t think anyways. I will keep an eye out.
the deck may hit the motor mount on the truck.
I tried just standing still and it was really close. I think in actual riding you end up turning more.
so I may have to go back and trim the deck if it ends up hindering turning.

1 Like

I only ask because I have the pro 97 deck (similar shape) being @sender’ized and have seen a few other users having to trim it up.

Can’t wait for your first ride, I hope you fall in love immediately. Be ready to be able to lean way more off the deck with your body compared to a skateboard. The F5s are phenomenal bindings. If after a week you don’t like the turning, try the yellow blocks up front with the orange in the back. It makes the matrix 2s soooo carvy.

3 Likes

Yep. I did see how many folks out there had to trim their decks. looked to me like most were to deal with gear drives. I may have to come back and notch the corner. I am excited about riding around on grass and wood trails, and maybe even a little snow. I hope the power is sufficient… This will be my first ride on one of these types of boards. because of shitty weather, I did not even take it out and try in analog mode. So I hope I get the hang of the bindings and don’t end up breaking myself.

1 Like

I keep them tight but not so tight that I can’t slide my foot out if necessary. Still uneasy about the heel straps but I keep getting recommended them :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Lookin good dude! I almost sprung for that MBS Bird deck but ended up with a used Trampa that was on sale.

The wood look goes well with the black accents and chains

3 Likes

when I got the MBS complete I set it on my dining room table for days, just so I could stare at it as I was walking around the house… So pretty…

3 Likes

Did you ride it analogue before?

I would have but everything around me is flat and pushing a MTB doesn’t sound fun.

Nope. Had crappy weather and did not want to get it wet before building…

1 Like

And Finito. Got it wired up tonight and took it out for a 4 mile mayden voyage. At midnight. At 32 degrees… Note to self. Buy heated gloves.
Stoked to say it worked. For four miles at least…
I took it really easy.
These trucks are going to take some getting used to…
I’m ordering the harder bushings.
Torque was good on pavement.
Left Unity on pretty conservative settings.
40 -12 battery.
60 -60 on motors.
After 4 miles I still had 40v on the battery. So Happy about that. Off course I was really just strolling.
Went up a couple of small wet grass hills.
I’m pumped about trying to learn how to slide on grass.
Definitely liked the way it turns. The bounce on the board. And the tires felt really good to me.
So all in all I’m pumped. And looking forward to getting out there on it again tomorrow.

9 Likes

Day 2.
Fuck it is cool riding around on grass. Went to hit the elementary school near my house and there are little grass banks. And little jumps. This board really opens up a whole new world.
Tried a little bit trail in the woods but that was too gnarly and narrow and all leaves.

Did 8 miles. Battery went down to 35.2v.
So. Pretty happy with that.
20-30% of the time on grass.

Torque on grass does not seem that good.
I turned motor amps from 60 to 69. Not sure it did much…

7 Likes

Plenty of clearance on the chain sprockets. I do think the very corner of the deck is hitting the motor mount. I’m not sure it is hindering turning enough for me to actually b

3 Likes

Yeah Raf is right with the trimming, its really only a problem with gear drives.

Raf, one thing I should mention, even though I’m a little late to the party here, I’ve read that the comp 95 decks are quite prone to delamination… can’t remember where I’ve read it but have certainly seen it mentioned more than once.

Might be a good idea to try and seal the deck and rails as best you can, especially considering its gonna be your winter board :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Unfortunately sooner or later we will have a couple weeks here when it will be too cold and crappy to do anything outside. I may take it apart then to seal it then.

1 Like

Ride 3.
Hit some really cool grass hills near my house.

7 Likes

It looks like tone of fun ! How it was for you ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dude. So cool. Riding in the grass is a whole other dimensions. This park and the elementary school I have by my house are now skateparks. I am still very tentative as I am getting used to the board but going down the rolling hills and doing little slides as you accelerate on the grass is so freaking cool. I’m super stoked I ended up getting this board going .

3 Likes

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. This thing is fun.
Didn’t ride yesterday…
Got ride # 4 in today right after work while there was still some light out. Hit the grass hills behind the hospital near my house.
So stoked about this new dimension.
At 11 miles I still had 34.5v on the battery. Guessing 30% of the ride on grass. A lot of the grass riding was downhill.

Had a good scare trying to make a u turn frontside on the street and lost balance so I tried to come off and my front foot got stuck.

Had more fun doing little slides on grass. So cool. I can’t really slide on any of my electric boards. Only on my little street board. Can’t sort out how to do it with the big boards and super soft wheels.

The Relive video is kind of funny. Very different than the usual long routes I take. But it was basically go up the paved hill… Go down the grass hills.

6 Likes

Well. The plastic baseplate is gone already… That was a bit sooner than I expected. Oh well. Metal ones on the way…

3 Likes

I bought this kit. https://www.momentumboards.com/product-page/momentum-chain-and-sprocket-set

Just got a larger sprocket.