Boardnamics MBS Matrix II Motor Mounts

3 Likes

Thx man I appreciate it! I got a custom set coming from @akhlut but hes been MIA lately, hopefully hes ok given the current global situation but may have to get these as a back up if he dudnt return soon =(

3 Likes

Well… I ordered another mounts from boardnamics and a tracking number was created on March 2nd but has not gone anywhere and he has not responded to my message on here… These are pricey compared to boardnamics but a possible alternative if you end up in need. https://electricboardsolutions.com/products/dual-mount-for-mbs-matrix-ii

Quick edit.
Boardnamics has messaged me and was waiting on hardware.and mounts will be here tomorrow

Man, ive been trying to get a good finish on your hangers but they’re being a pain in my ass. Ive sanded and polished them twice now and im still not happy with them.

The hanger mounts are good.

But even they could do with another round under the buffing wheel.

The problem is the mill finish.

Its really rough and needs to be sanded. Problem is i want a good, uniform finish and that means progressively wet sanding up through 1000 grit. And then polishing from there.

I wish it hadn’t taken so long. But each step along the way adds more time. :frowning:

This is after 600grit then 1000grit. Cleaned and dried. Then heavy cut compound and then a finishing compound. The first go still had some pitting that i couldn’t get out.

You can still see some ghosting on the metal. Needs another pass under the buffing wheel with some fine finishing compound to get the luster up.

7 Likes

There only so much you can do with Aluminum, your going to have to spend a lot of time on it to get a good finished on it.

12 Likes

I know. Its a slow, painful process.

5 Likes

Using a cordless sander first an and then scotch bright under running water is all i use anything else is over kill, for thing that going to get ruffed up like motor mounts.

2 Likes

Ya, i get it. But they’re going on oil slicks, so they need to shine for a bit. :smiley:

4 Likes

Dud what are you talking about it shines! just for a bit. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

A few notes on finish:

If you want that super smooth and shiny finish, then the mount must be surface machined on both sides. This means you must start with a thicker stock and mill it to size. The result is a much more precise and beautiful surface, but adds material and machining cost.

I will announce that all my new products will feature a sandblast with black anodize finish. Much more professional looking, among the best finishes for aluminum available. Think smartphones with aluminum construction :smiley:

4 Likes

for the price you sell them i am very happy about the quality ! i will send picture of them when the polish is done i will use autosol metal polishing

2 Likes

Here a quick job and took me about 2 minute to do with autosol and a wired drill and coton disk you see it almost mirror look as you can see my phone taking the picture! So its very easy to do with autosol

4 Likes

Yeah man I love how professional look from sandblasting

@celica39 I need to try this on some exceptionally ugly parts I have lying around

1 Like

The funny thing about people want to complaint about some minor thing about this high quality piece of art is hilarious because its only 24$ us for a full kit and he also included all of graded steel bolts needed and it will cost me about 15$ if l purchased them at home hardware !! The motor mount plate are very thick! And l am sure they are indestructible ! The clamp bolt. Very big ! Maybe size 9/16! And finaly the the labor cost of this motor mount in a shop will cost 100$ + /h to produce and not even talking about the cost of the design !

5 Likes

If someone is not happy about is 24$ kit because is not flashy look! just go get a 400$ polished kit
This kid as made a high quality product that will last a decade for 24$ !! Made in usa ! So l don’t want to hear anyone complaint about boardnamics who work hard and he made the hobby more affordable . l will reply the same shit everytime someone want to complaint

6 Likes

Boardnamics, if you plan to build a prototype for belt or anything else pm me please test them and promote them with out hesitation ! . will be great also to have chain drive kit because l will need to drill them my self and l not equipped and the drill holes are always off set and the price of theses kit are ridiculous ! So anyway l was there 3 years ago and l am very proud of you what you have done l will send a video of me riding theses nice motor mounts in the next weeks . sorry for my bad english anyone :blush:

3 Likes

Boardnamics,

Are you still producing these and if so when will they be in stock?

You have the answer I need.

Thanks
G

4 Likes

Look on is website

Bumped you up so you can message now and post freely.

Welcome!

1 Like

I am unsure if I will get these made again. Interest seems spotty at best. I am really uncertain what I will decide.

1 Like