Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

They are a smoother and softer sound. Still audible but less aggressive.

2 Likes

got any sound clips? iā€™d love to hear em

Not at the moment. I will shoot one the moment I can. I ran the Mod1 helicals. The batch is slightly smaller teeth, mod 0.8. This will reduce the sound even further.

6 Likes

Looking forward to it

5 Likes

Yep thatā€™s exactly how mine sound :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

4 Likes

It screams man, I love this drive, maybe not as much as I love you though. But recently I had an issue with my wheel gear rubbing against my motor mount, any ideas as to why it may have rubbed?
Everything was tight and assembled correctly, including the wheel bolt. It only would rub when turning.
My other drive was just fine, Iā€™m sort stumped on why it rubs.
I mustā€™ve done something wrong, I would love some of your two cents :slight_smile:

wow they sound really good actually - they are definitely not as quiet as some other helicals, but they still sound great - its basically like the straight cuts except without all the aspects that make spur gears sound kinda gravelly.

1 Like

These are no helicals my friend, like the unspoken words in a gay bar, theyā€™re straight.
Although Iā€™m gonna pick up a pair of helicals for my new build!

1 Like

lol

guess they are just nice sounding straights then

2 Likes

I agree!
My buddy told me they sound like a jet engine when you fly by.
That video was taken in a parking garage also, which definitely adds to the sound.

3 Likes

Those straight cut gears sound heavenly

5 Likes
1 Like

Soooo howā€™s the new stuff coming inā€¦

I am hauling ass to LA from SD in a van sometime this week.

11 Likes

Settle down now donā€™t be taking my build out from under me :joy::joy::joy: especially because I kind of just fell into it.

1 Like

So excited to get some new goodies, youā€™re the man.

1 Like

It sucks a lot.

1 Like

You crazy bastard. You ran them with 80mm wheels? How many miles were you able to go?

1 Like

Not a lot, I could say this, being single fwd board, i had some clearance issues every 30 seconds or so

2 Likes