Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Did you do the Lou deck with the front wheels drive? Did you have 80s or 85mm

Anyone have an opinion on whether I should build this switchblade with m1 helicals, or BNs idler system?
I was leaning towards the belts because I can mount them reversed and have a bit more clearance for going down curbs or going to a pump track. I’d love to hear what you guys prefer though.

3 Likes

I kinda want to mount some rollers on my XL mounts because they be knocking on hella stuff. Tiny little skate wheels would be good.

2 Likes

I’ll scrape down curbs, my driveway, blah blah. Maybe we’re too low? I just need that urethane range though…

3 Likes

what u need is some unobtainium :joy:

3 Likes

Any updates on the new Shipment with everything restocked and new? How long till you’ll be Able to have pending orders completed? Can’t wait to get my gears and ride.

3 Likes

Ship is being unloaded. 99% sure next week I can ship out everything.

I have prepared everything so when I get the stuff, I can immediately get to work fulfilling.

18 Likes

omgomgomg

4 Likes

Idk if anyone responded to this but be sure to set your motor pole pairs correctly. 14 pole motor = 7 pole pairs for example.

2 Likes

Hey @Boardnamics I would like to buy 2 64T gears and maybe the upgraded berg adapters (as I’ve heard the old ones have problems) it’s that possible? How much would it be?

I want to have my gear always ready so i can switch between wheels as fast as possible!!

1 Like

Teflon / PTFE / UHMW guard sliders brooo

Edit: McMasterCarr 9928K61/Slippery UHMW Polyethylene U-Channel

1 Like

Anyone Try the 2.20 faster ratio with the gears? How’s the torque on them?

1 Like

I’d only get the 2.20 ratio if you’ve got 6374s, my 6354s with the 2.20 ratio doesn’t feel like enough torque IMO, but that depends on your esk8 experience of course.

1 Like

Oh you’re the man, gonna pick some of those up.

1 Like

There should be no difference in torque between 6355 and 6374 at the same settings.

If they were lower kv motors, try the lower ratio

1 Like

I am running 6374s, I want the speed ratio because I want something more powerful as far as speed than any of my other builds which already achive 30mph, I just don’t want to sacrifice to much acceleration and breaking power just for high end speed.

Did you ever get to test this? Need to know if I should go and buy some spacers

1 Like

Not yet, don’t have the motors on hand. If it tests well, I will provide the spacers.

2 Likes

Has anyone ever had a gear tooth brake in their m1?

3 Likes
  • I have personally broken plastic/polymer esk8 gears made by not-Boardnamics
  • I have personally broken steel esk8 gears made by not-Boardnamics
  • I have personally broken steel esk8 gears made by Boardnamics
  • I have personally broken non-steel metal esk8 gears
  • I haven’t personally broken any esk8 gears
  • I haven’t personally used gears on an esk8

0 voters

3 Likes