Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Yah compared to newbee even helicals are loud. My point is there isn’t that big a difference to helicals if you set straight cuts up right, and everyone who wants helicals should just run straight cuts instead.

1 Like

Honestly, I tried to get herringbone gears a while back. It’s prohibitively difficult given the small size of the gears we’re running, and almost pointless without a sizable face width

1 Like

@poastoast reee

11 Likes

weee weee bb zooooom

i want straights

1 Like

anyone have an stl of the bn m1 enclosure? i’d like to model up some skid plate/motor guards. the clearance is so tight even on 105mm wheels

1 Like

@poastoast modeled some. I suggest tpu as pla and petg did noy last long

1 Like

.stl AND .steps! you da man

Bruh, just send him an email.

Hi Mr Namics, I wanted to ask you a question. Can you please tell me…

3 Likes

HI MISTER KEVBALL. WHERE IS MAY ORDER? THANKS.

5 Likes

Thanks

This isn’t that far off from several messages I’ve sent him :joy:

1 Like

M1 straight cuts and reachers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Love that sound.
Pinion gears slightly too big though, so can’t fully put the case on. Think I’ll need to grind it down ~2mm or get a new pair.

if your issue is what I think it is, all you need is some aluminum shims to space the shaft out… reachers have a step at the bottom of the shaft that prevents the pinion from sitting low enough

2 per side of these bad boys did the trick for me

1 Like

It’s sitting flush against the mount, but its taller than the case. Trying to screw it in just sandwiches it between the case and the mount.

Like @haven mentioned it’s likely the pinion sitting higher due to the small lip that reachers have at the bottom of the shaft. I also ran into this issue and used spacers between the motor and gear drive.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that is not the issue. The pinion does not fit inside even without the axle/motor connectored. It too big for the case

Show a picture of the pinion?

Try pointing the collar bit inwards towards the motor

1 Like

It going to extrude past the case in either position.

1 Like