Aluminum Motor Spacers

WTS: [US] Aluminum motor shims

So, i’ve been making small batches of aluminum motor shims for people that need to accomodate for different axle lengths on gear drives, figured i should just make a post for easy reference. The shims i produce are waterjet cut aluminum, 1.6mm thick each, and can account for both 44mm and 30mm mounting patterns. They have a 12mm slot in them to allow for easy installation or removal without needing to remove motor pinions.

Price is $10/set of two, plus $10 shipping. Lead time of two weeks for any new batches, or one week if i have them in stock.

I’m also open to designing custom metal plate parts or 3d printed components on a per commission basis.

11 Likes

thanks again for my set! im gonna paint them red so I can go faster :call_me_hand::imp:

7 Likes

Flames make everything faster :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Different anodized colors would be cool.

On such small scales, it’s not practical for me to offer anodization unfortunately. If i was to run a significantly larger batch, i could have it done but as is i dont think the market is there lol.

2 Likes

3 Likes

So, an update here, i’m gonna pre-emptively order another batch of 5 sets to be made.

1.6mm thickness, aluminum. Two in each set, price of $10/set, plus $10 shipping.

I’m also going to make some titanium anti sink plates for my IDEA deck build, figured some other people might be interested in these as well.

1mm thickness, grade 2 titanium. Four in each set, price of $15/set, plus $10 shipping.

I’ve also started making 3d printed wedge risers and regular risers in either CF PETG or TPU on demand, so i figured i’d gauge interest here.

2 Likes

I’d love a set of those titanium anti-sinks.

PMing!

2 Likes

Next batch of parts is here and ready to ship. Also am beginning to 3d print carbon fiber reinforced PETG risers and wedges for anyone who needs those.

2 Likes

Any pictures of the wedges? What angle?

Sure, one moment. I can make them in any angle increment of your choice, although I’d suggest 10 degrees or less as beyond that you start to really bend bolts. I have either full wedges or split wedges for drop through setups. The holes are elongated to accomodate for the angle the bolts need to sit at, and it offers options for both old school and new school bolt pattern. Design is strength optimized and should be able to handle anything you can throw at it.

The split ones are currently on my deck, so heres a CAD of what they look like.

I also am working on producing them for other trucks, such as lacroix hypertrucks (being prototyped right now)

Realistically, i can manufacture these for any truck pattern/style, at any angle of your choosing. All i’d ask for is if it’s something not standard or i haven’t done already, i’d charge a bit more for the design time and prototyping.

4 Likes

Your riser designs look great!

2 Likes

That last one is a hypertuck baseplate yes? How easy is it to switch the direction of angle so the thick part of the riser is on the round end?

Already done, i have both variants for increasing the split angle front to rear haha. Actually doing that for my personal nazare.

2 Likes

Have you made any for Matrix 3 trucks?

I have! Shoot me a DM.

1 Like

Hey Bro - I think we were just messaging in the Mboards discord about your motorized adjustable, baseplates… Absolutely sick, dude! Love it. But yeah, I’d be interested in some angled risers for Matrix 3 trucks if you have some for sale.

1 Like

Yep, ive got a few leftover currently actually. Shoot me a DM here or on discord and ill send over some pics of em

Finally got around to installing these. I had wooden spacers on and was too lazy to change them. Used 2 spacers for each motor on 4gs and reachers

3 Likes

Pming.