Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

I’ve never used flipskys so the clearance might be different on different motors.

God forbid there be an industry standard

It bothers the hell out of me but at least it leaves the exact right gap to put a thrust bearing in there without needing the Belleville washer so I’ll run it as is

Is the pinion hitting a step on the motor shaft? If so I would run a spacer between motor + drive mounting plate so you can lower the pinion more and line them up

2 Likes

Then the motor doesn’t sink heat to the motor mount plate

If the offset would cause issues I can lathe the ring down, but I’ll only do it if people think it’ll be a problem

You can get/make metal shims which would still help transfer heat. I think you’re probably fine running it as-is also.

2 Likes

@Ac53n had these made for me and a few others, a bit of thermal paste on either side of the spacer also helps a bit.

3 Likes

Hi friend, on your M1 AT, what can you prevent when the wheel is separated from the wheel gear moving towards trans and touching the back of the gear driver and blocking the wheel movement?

2 Likes

@everyone

1 Like

Installing the case of the gear drive will solve this, because the case has a bearing in it that supports the gear and keeps it aligned. Without the case, the gear is not fully supported so it can wobble and hit the plate.

3 Likes

lol did you really just try to tag everyone XD

2 Likes

I’ve also tried with the box and even though it’s a single piece it only moves backwards too, but I haven’t really used any type of Loctite yet. Maybe with the Loctite it doesn’t move backwards

You should be ok once you put the gear drives together. Like @DuckBatterySystems said, there is a bearing in the outer case that will hold the wheel gear in place and prevent it from grinding into the inner case.

Also, you have straight cut gears, and those will help to hold the wheel gear in alignment as well.

2 Likes

Can anyone give me this dimension?

Edit: it’s 5.5mm

Edit Edit: Kevball lied, they’re 6.3mm

1 Like

The pegs are ¼” / 6.3mm diameter, 8.3mm long

3 Likes

@Boardnamics you dirty liar

:weary::weary::weary:

They’re nominally 6.5mm, with a LSL of 6.45mm

Ain’t no 1/4” up in here.

5 Likes

news friend???

Get the pitchforks, he doesnt measure in cheeseburgers per football field!

5 Likes

No pitchforks because it’s in mm haha