Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Bruh, just send him an email.

Hi Mr Namics, I wanted to ask you a question. Can you please tell me…

3 Likes

HI MISTER KEVBALL. WHERE IS MAY ORDER? THANKS.

5 Likes

Thanks

This isn’t that far off from several messages I’ve sent him :joy:

1 Like

M1 straight cuts and reachers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Love that sound.
Pinion gears slightly too big though, so can’t fully put the case on. Think I’ll need to grind it down ~2mm or get a new pair.

if your issue is what I think it is, all you need is some aluminum shims to space the shaft out… reachers have a step at the bottom of the shaft that prevents the pinion from sitting low enough

2 per side of these bad boys did the trick for me

1 Like

It’s sitting flush against the mount, but its taller than the case. Trying to screw it in just sandwiches it between the case and the mount.

Like @haven mentioned it’s likely the pinion sitting higher due to the small lip that reachers have at the bottom of the shaft. I also ran into this issue and used spacers between the motor and gear drive.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that is not the issue. The pinion does not fit inside even without the axle/motor connectored. It too big for the case

Show a picture of the pinion?

Try pointing the collar bit inwards towards the motor

1 Like

It going to extrude past the case in either position.

1 Like

Depending on your motors, it may work in some cases, since the shaft extends a little bit below the motor mounting plate

The motors should not effect the pinion itself fitting inside when they are not connected to the gearbox. I cannot fully close the case with just the pinion inside

That collar should stick out of the case, does it not?

No. It’s between the mounting plate and the case.

Where did you get that pinion gear?

Boardnamics

Weird. Wonder if he changed suppliers or something. Personally, I would take that pinion gear to the belt sander and take off a few mm of the collar side (not the gear-tooth side). If you do something along those lines, make sure you keep the gear cool while working (dip it in water every few seconds or something) so you dont mess up the temper on the gear teeth.

1 Like