Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

These look awesome, you’ve done a great job with these.

How big are those big bearings? Are they able to be changed if they need servicing? can they be brought separately if they need to be replaced?

9 Likes

but at that point its a whole new build…

2 Likes

Yep.
Although i should probably not encourage you…

1 Like

Fixed now. Not sure why that happened. Not even close to out of stock :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Main bearing is a 6806. Case bearing is a big 6810.
The main bearing would be super hard to replace as its pressed in with a steel gear and hub. The case bearing can be hammered out. Of course hammering the bearing is okay if you’re replacing it. I recommend arbor pressing a new one into the case. It is not a tight press fit.

7 Likes

Got a video of it running? Would love to heard the sound of steel gears :smiley:

4 Likes

I thought we were going to try and buy you out, I was hoping it was just a quirk

2 Likes

Longer version for you guys

6 Likes

I just published a video tearing down and building up one gear drive. I am considering making an UBER cut down version in the form of a #SHORT of just the assembly. Anyone interested in that?

29 Likes

Thank you @ShutterShock this will be watched a lot I’m such a better visual learner :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! It’s not really all that complicated. The only tricky part is getting the backlash right, and if you have fitment issues. I suspect that most people won’t, I just had issues because of my oil slicks

2 Likes

what kind of grease (red) did you use?

2 Likes

I think Kevin supplies it with purchase. Pretty sure the SRB team swears by Lucas Red n Tacky for steel on steel gears.

8 Likes

:arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:

4 Likes

We applied it at Kevin’s place, it’s supplied with the kit. I think it’s as Pedro said though

6 Likes

Should those of us that purchased last week at launch expect tracking numbers/updates on the order or will they just arrive at some point? @Boardnamics

4 Likes

Yes. He’s definitely swamped right now

2 Likes

I am super overbooked right now but I’m closer everyday to having all current orders fulfilled.
Part of the “problem” is that due to how many configurations there are, I cannot pack them in advance. It is a “pack to order” system. The gear drives also require assembly on my end and I am super perfectionist as I realize a screw coming lose is entirely on me.

Also got my second covid vaccine and am very sleepy. Thank god for my caffeine pills!

27 Likes

Rest up king, we understand. My 2nd pfizer knocked me out too

4 Likes

It’s ok :laughing:

We all know how to fall.

12 Likes