Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

We have steel drives already :joy:

4 Likes

sorry
closed steel drives so i can also ride off-road

I’m not sure why you would want to off road on 3links/a raceboard setup :face_with_monocle: You’d destroy the whole deck and enclosure

8 Likes

not literal off road more on not great streets around me and occasionaly over a bit of dirt without having to worry about stuff getting in

also is it not ok for me to like a good looking board without some huge metal gears sticking out? :laughing:

1 Like

I still like the idea of the enclosed drives on the NKP’s, BUT; I have held the gears moe uses and I can tell you that anything that gets caught in there is getting destroyed, not the gears.

3 Likes

i’m not worried about the gears getting destroyed im worried about the gears jamming on me

1 Like

I think if you consider that he lives in london, an incredibly people dense area, it makes sense. If you have a board that has an open geardrive I’d guess youre infinitely more likely to have police trouble (remember it is technically illegal here) than vs something where you cant see a big spikey gear and chain flailing round! That was literally the sole reason why I went DD/hubs initially vs a belt setup😂 fair @Halbj613?

4 Likes

yep that plus i live in london where half the roads are pebbles and stuff and also closed looks nicer

3 Likes

I mean its up to him, but I’m pretty sure I can break Mod1 gears on my board. For racing I see mod1.5 as the gold standard, the only way I’d think about using mod1 gears is on something like a cruiser or Emtb.

Evidence is Ive destroyed mod1.5 gears and I know people who have literally shredded the teeth off mod1.5 gears even.

Sorry for clogging your thread Kevin

5 Likes

Got you!! From that respect I can offer no insight, I meant purely from a covering the gear perspective :grin: fair play on the teeth point.

Sorry Kevin :wink:

1 Like

so i spoke to kevin about this and we are still discussing he claims they can handle the torque of a 6396 motor which is roughly 15nm

maybe mod 1.5 is the only way though

You need 300amps of current to produce 15Nm of torque in a 190KV motor :rofl:

5 Likes

no idea
i used 3ds calculator and it came up with that number after gearing
remember thats torque on the wheel not torque on the motor

You are contradicting yourself in that case xD

2 Likes

sorry i am stupid you are correct

i should have originally said torque of a 6396 motor after gearing 3:1

1 Like

Your never going to pull 15NM unless your racing (Pretty much)

I still dont 100% get why you are building another high powered board when you are just still touching the surface of what your current one can do

5 Likes

im not
this isnt for me now im just putting out an idea

but the gears have to survive then too

the idea is with this drive that you can use on a track or on the road

IF you are somehow pulling 15NM the gears will be fine because you would be pulling that on a nice surface

3 Likes

Just get channel trucks and huge wheels… trust me, nothing else works for london roads

3 Likes

time to try this @Halbj613

9 Likes