Boardnamics 270mm Hangers + Surfrodz 10-8 Fixed Axles

I didn’t loctite my first set of fixed axles either, haven’t moved in 300 miles

Shoulder bolts left a terrible taste in my mouth after 3 got stuck. Never again.

3 Likes

He said he ran shoulder bolts, not the fixed axles. The axles are so much more reliable from my experience.

1 Like

They really are haha

I wouldn’t have loctited shoulder bolts either, they’re basically impossible to get out as it is

1 Like

Two miles and a shoulder bolt comes loose on my surf rods lol

1 Like

@Boardnamics how hard would it be to have a couple tapped holes to secure the axle?

1 Like

not too hard for you to add yeah!

see this also

1 Like

I have a drill press, shouldn’t be hard to get a nice M4 tap somewhere…I will need to splurge on a nice clamp though, my current ones don’t do much

Do I try to get the screw on the inside or the outside face of the clamps?

1 Like

I would think near the end would have the least effect on strength and easier to access once wheel is off

That’s a good point, I guess the top will be the lowest stress right?

1 Like

Interested… kingpins are 3/8-24?

Yes they are. They ship with 4 kingpin nuts

Okay. This typo threw me off, would be a different sized nut if that was the case.

1 Like

Both in a 177mm TKP hanger, and in a 127mm TKP hanger, and in an RKP 200mm hanger – the exposed 10mm part of the axle is actually 33mm in length. (Complete exposed axle 10mm + 8mm is 71mm)

Shouldn’t be an issue for most people, means you can run longer motors, but I was surprised why the 8mm part wasn’t aligning with my fixed axle front truck, when I had done the math before ordering. :confused:

Edit: maybe I’m not threading it in far enough? Or there are 2 versions, and I somehow got the longer one…
Edit 2: apparently I have the BN axles for BN trucks, which also fit Surf Rodz, so now I’m confused why there are 2 versions :sweat_smile: Thank you @janpom
Edit 3: Or not. I’m probably not installing them deep enough. But how do I get a grip on them to try futher? :thinking:
Edit 4: compared with a standard surf rodz axle: that I can thread to 12mm deep, but these I can only get 5mm in…

Final edit:

With an old bike innertube and some large pliers I can get it in so that only 25mm of the 10mm part are exposed. That’s probably good enough

TL;DR: I’m an idiot; these axles are just hard to insert.

2 Likes

Yes they are tricky to install sometimes. The new version coming will see a slight price reduction + a 5mm hex drive to make assembly a breeze.

4 Likes

I think I only glued two of them in…

the other two I might want to swap for them.

At launch will the AT drive have adapters for the BN trucks?

1 Like

legit info, is this changed the the newer 270 axles?

quick preordernow

1 Like

Fuck stepped axles.

2 Likes

I was also wondering this. Also thinking if the 270 is too long for a haya with gbomb brackets. May go 220

1 Like

@Boardnamics what bearings do I use for the BN270 trucks and MBS rockstar hubs? bearings are confusing. I assume the bn270 have 10mm axles which is tripping me up

1 Like