Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Including the tires?? :laughing:
jk they would die

1 Like

…maybe i do :eyes:

3 Likes

In my experience, grease rarely hurts and usually helps. It’s not just for dynamic seals. The reason you’d grease an o-ring is to:

• Prevent damage during installation due to abrasion, twisting, or sharp edges
  • Keep from drying out and cracking over the life of the o-ring (can also simply replace, but prevention>cure)
  • Aid in a better water-tight seal

In oil&gas tools, every o-ring is greased. The red n’ tacky provided is perfect for this as well.

9 Likes

Did anyone manage to grind down the 270 hanger and get some good pictures of it?

2 Likes

NOOOOOOO!!! hahhahaha

1 Like

I swear someone with a manual lathe and mill and a stock of @Boardnamics parts to modify could get some good business.

4 Likes

Could you take another picture from above? I am thinking of switching to 270mm hangers…

1 Like

It’s on 220 now, got the wrong adaptor and couldn’t wait one more day to have the correct bearings arrive from amazon so filed it down last night & everything

I’m also at the point where i would prefer to give up the build rather than give up drop-through

8 Likes

This is hilarious, because you are following the crowd in auto-shunning risers regardless.

I thought you leader?

:rofl:

2 Likes

Yo, what you need?

I don’t have a stock of BN parts though

1 Like

Haha I don’t need any BN parts modded but others sure seem to.

1 Like

I respect the Ultraboard challenge

2 Likes

I have my motors reverse mounted and i think my motors are scrapping my hanger but it could be also hitting bumps with the 1 inch of clearance it has. If i ride a bit while my motors r scrapping the hanger, will it just grind down the hanger to have enough clearance or destroy my motors?

It’ll fuck up the motors, the sharp impact on the end of the can will create a lot of stress on the can and maybe tweak it over

2 Likes

Oh, if i mount it fowards, i only gain .5 inch of ground to motor clearance and im not sure if thats enough for nyc. Bumps might just directly hit the motors first so idk which is worse.

13mm

12.7mm :nerd_face:
do sig figs apply to unit conversions?

5 Likes

In it for the meemz
@Boardnamics send hanger my way pls

3 Likes

Update: it works!

10 Likes

Dang bro, if you hit a crack too hard your motor is probably gonna get sanded

1 Like