Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Chinese New Year is my least favorite time of year as an esk8er.

9 Likes

yeah, youā€¦ mothfuckerā€¦?
how dare you run out of stock, take my damn money

2 Likes

Yeah I refuse to design and order my own I require Kevin to do everything for me :japanese_goblin:

3 Likes

Speaking of throwing money at @Boardnamics, Kevin how much money would I have to throw at you to convince you to make a Hypertruck clamp for the AT gear drive?

4 Likes

I can do that but someone has to send me one first :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

enough to give him permanent brain damage
i would say 500 1$ bills or 200 dimes

1 Like

Ā£600 in 1p coins, enough for him to buy the set himself.
Plus Likely Ā£5000 hgv costs to ship the coins to him

2 Likes

Well, got the 220 adapters to fit the 270 hanger

ā€¦but.

This is gonna be a long week.

Anyone know what else is needed beyond a 6900-2rs bearing and a 1mm washer?

5 Likes

Is it a good idea to add some grease to the o-ring?

**i also forgot; how about on the bearing that goes onto the adapter?

Not necessary as it is a static seal.

No grease on the bearing either. It should be a light press fit but I messed that up on the first batch. Not a big deal

2 Likes

got it, thanks!; i have a habit of greasing like everything on my bike :joy:

1 Like

Including the tires?? :laughing:
jk they would die

1 Like

ā€¦maybe i do :eyes:

3 Likes

In my experience, grease rarely hurts and usually helps. Itā€™s not just for dynamic seals. The reason youā€™d grease an o-ring is to:

• Prevent damage during installation due to abrasion, twisting, or sharp edges
  • Keep from drying out and cracking over the life of the o-ring (can also simply replace, but prevention>cure)
  • Aid in a better water-tight seal

In oil&gas tools, every o-ring is greased. The red nā€™ tacky provided is perfect for this as well.

9 Likes

Did anyone manage to grind down the 270 hanger and get some good pictures of it?

2 Likes

NOOOOOOO!!! hahhahaha

1 Like

I swear someone with a manual lathe and mill and a stock of @Boardnamics parts to modify could get some good business.

4 Likes

Could you take another picture from above? I am thinking of switching to 270mm hangersā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s on 220 now, got the wrong adaptor and couldnā€™t wait one more day to have the correct bearings arrive from amazon so filed it down last night & everything

Iā€™m also at the point where i would prefer to give up the build rather than give up drop-through

8 Likes

This is hilarious, because you are following the crowd in auto-shunning risers regardless.

I thought you leader?

:rofl:

2 Likes