Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

but like, 15k should be okay, right?

1 Like

sure, 20K would make me extremely nervous.

1 Like

motor go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (max rpm 40k).

1 Like

The gears will be ok (especially the new helicals since they’re smaller module). It will be overall louder i’d imagine at that rpm. The gearbox bearing is rated to 13,000rpm so at a 2.8 reduction you would be at around 36k before things got really bad.

5 Likes

Um… @Boardnamics ? Am i missing something?

It overlaps for less than 1mm and beyond removing the axle nothing makes it come through. Pretty sure i asked for 270 adapters
This is everything in the box

3 Likes

You are correct, something isn’t right.

2 Likes

It’s a really tight fit, you need to break out that man muscle and muscle it on

1 Like

:confused:

@Skyart

That 8mm hole will not fit the 10mm axle by any means.
Weird that i have 2 608 bearings included that i assume are meant to fit at the stepped axle part
Edit: nvm, 6900-2rs bearings were supposed to be in. 608’s just fit in the berg adapters

Edit to the edit:
Looks like customs were very kind to them as well

Good thing they’ll look 10 times worse in the first month

2 Likes

yeah looks like you got the wrong adapter. you need the 270mm hanger adapter. did you get sent the wrong one? i think the checkout process asks you to select which adapter you want

2 Likes

I discussed with him here to be sent both 220 and 270 adapters and paid the difference. In the meantime it took so long i bought 270 hangers from anubis and now wish to transition to the bigger hangers completely but i only have 220 adapters

1 Like

Anyone have any suggestions to remedy my motors hitting the trucks that doesn’t involve shaving the shit out of my trucks?

1 Like

This problem was discussed a few posts up.

3 Likes

Ah shit… its on backorder…

1 Like

Yep my stocks getting really low at this point. In March, everything will be back to normal but until then…not much I can provide.

I’m even out of gears :pensive:

6 Likes

I’ll drop an order in March. In the meantime, do you think Maytech 6365 would clear fine?
Seems there only a couple mm shorter…

99% sure that a 6365 won’t have this problem.

3 Likes

Just want to make sure, is this a proper amount of backlash?
Makes the slight click.
Don’t want to chip my gears or anything.

Maybe a bit less. Hard to tell

2 Likes

Alright, I’ll bring them back a bit. Sounds about right since they’re nearly touching the gears on the inside, they do have some grease though.
Thank you for your quick replies!

1 Like

you mothfucker

5 Likes