Bms for 2x 6s Lipos

Hey guys i just picked up a 12s bms and im wanting to hook it up to my 6s lipos so i dont need to carry a lipo charger around wiht me on group rides, plug and run is what im after. i got an 8amp charger sitting around from my lion pack but i was wondering if their was anyone in melbourne who could wire up a bms with connectors for 2 6s lipo packs so i could plug and play.

5 Likes

Are you looking for a diagram? Or just for someone to put together a harness for you?

That’s the setup I’m currently using in my board. I was a newbie when I did it but it wasn’t too difficult. You could probably diy. My only recomendation is getting 6s balance cables extensions, cut them and solder them to the bms. Be caredul labeling the connectors for the first and second battery in the series. I can try to draw a schematic if you need.

1 Like

i was wondering if its possible to make a harness. i could possibly do it if i found a diagram for it though

Do you have a understanding of BMS in general?

Its really the same. Just use a multimeter to figure out the cells and the rest is like lithium ions

Here is my 4x3s for a 12s

And an older 2x5s for a 10s

1 Like

hmm i think we picked up the same bms =p

The last P group on a lipo and the first P group of the next lipo are the same. so you have to skip 1 balance wire between the lipos. Does that make sense?

is that the negative wire on the first lipo

1 Like

Which one? mark it on the photo.

A balance lead will have wires 1,2,3,4,5,N for its 6 wires. Where 1-5 are positive and the 6th is negative if I remember correctly

A diagram for 2 6s batteries would be fantastic tbh. I was planning on making a wiring harness. But if someone is willing to make one for a fee ide prefer that.

@glyphiks aren’t you in Melbourne?

1 Like

Yeah i’m snowed under at the moment tho, too many big jobs, too many little jobs.

1 Like

Diagram, original and edit

5 Likes

Thank you for this, when I get it in I’ll take some photos and re arrange to match diagram =)

Ahh so 6th and first wire go to same port thank you.

1 Like

Depending on the bms the last and first wire of the 12 balancing wires may change, Check your specific bms diagram, if you are confindent go ahead, if not, post it and I can paint a specific diagram for you.

Ok thank you I will take you up on that when I get it. Don’t want to mess anything up as it can be quite dangerous

Just got bms in.

1 Like

Original and edit

1 Like

Thank you, I will take a closer look in the morning and see if I can make up a harness