Need help finding a 10S3P for cheap. On a tight budget

For about 2 years now. Going great. Read this

Is your deck flexy or stiff? That enclosure isn’t the widest so you might have to put the batteries length wise but the deck needs to be stiff for that to work.

If all you want is 12 miles, two of these might be enough

https://chinahobbyline.com/shop/detail/142

1 Like

yeah makes sense! @mutantbass was saying to get a BMS, that way you can just have a charge port on the side. You have to spend like $30-50 and wire up a harness that can connectot to the balance connectors on each pack, but once it’s done it’s done

1 Like

I’m making my deck from scratch, using hard maple veneers. They make the board sturdy and non flexible. Deck is the most easiest thing

You got a diagram?

If they can do 25A, then 30A is only 5 more, so sure. Also since they can do 30A, then 35A is only a few more, so they should be able to do that. Since they can do 35A, then 40A is only a few more, so they should be able to do that. Since they can do 40A, then 45A is only a few more, so they should be able to do that. Since they can do 45A, then 50A is only a few more, so they should be able to do that. So sure 50A is no problem.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This is flawed logic, my 'man. I would not set battery max above 25A on the VESC 4.12

That being said, 25A battery max is plenty for a skate that moves you all over town, and you’ll get more range on it anyway than if the battery maximum is higher. It’s not going to be the fastest or most powerful skate in the city but it will be your skate :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not trying to be snarky but the search function is great, found this earlier. 2x5s has the same logic as 2x6s

1 Like

Is it just battery current/total power that messes these guys up? I wasn’t sure how to answer earlier about safe limits or guidelines for motor current

Ok! That’s all I really wanted was to not to do that screw on screw off bullshit, if lipos are the answer to my batteries then that’s the way to go

Also what you think the speed would be as well

Ok so you are fine. defo get a Bluetooth bms.

This is what my lipos are at right now as we speak:slight_smile: This is with the bms I linked to. All wired up like the photo I showed you before. Charges like a laptop. No need to take anything on/off.

I see you got a iPhone, what app is that. Can that track miles and speed?

Yes Me and @b264 both love our iphones :sob: :innocent: I am a total hipster. I ride with a starbucks in one hand and an ecig in the other. No, to track speed and miles, you need to connect to the vesc with a bluetooth dongle and use an app called xmatic. there is a few more but i am not upto speed.

1 Like

The battery @hummieee is selling is LiFePO4 which is a totally different thing than the li-ion battery from @AviatorEsk8er.

The LiFePO4 battery is a much safer chemistry that will last a lot longer and they are both approximately the same voltage. Definitely it would last 3-4 times as long as that other one if not more.

Sadly the battery doesn’t fit my enclosure so I have no other option but to go Li-Po which @mutantbass is helping me out as of now

You got a Instagram? You might have to help me wire everything together, can you PM the parts so it’s more simple to remember and I won’t have to look through the thread lol, also would the batteries be good with my flipsky 4.12 FSESC?

@mutantbass im coming around to the bms. What’s the smallest reliable one anyone knows of? I have barely any space. 14s lifepo4. No features needed. Or maybe the phone but think that will take my needed space. Just for charging.

Yes I also overpay for my shoes that are uncomfortable as hell and smell but damn they look nice and I drive a car that is too wide to fit the lanes on normal roads, but damn it looks good. Also I use a lawnmower that only starts in the winter air, but damn that thing looks good.

/s

1 Like

Don’t have any experience with lifepo4 but I think daly is a good bet. The non BT ones are quite small.

Are you in a double stack? Maybe sneak one in under/top of the vesc?

https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/ probably have a 14s lifepo4

1 Like

Redo these bikes I made.

Will have to squeeze in and be potted.

1 Like

12S LiFePO4 43.8V

1 Like