Blutstern - Rocket longboard, 10s6p, 4WD 58KV China Direct Drive

Hmm, i’m still sceptical :slight_smile: But I never tried the mellow drive, just the hubs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hahahaha same like me. hahahaha talking about something blue out there hahahaha. sorry for highjackin your thread, dude :grin:

Theres no [SERIOUS] in the topic title so its ok :smiley:

2 Likes

ok then marching onwards :grin:
can you please show me by time how them mellow hanger looks in detail for the specific motor mounting and the same for the landwheels please.
this would be awesome

1 Like

Here you go:

The Landwheel hanger has a square shaft but is more or less a standard hanger. For those hubs I’m able to modify a regular brand hanger to fit.

The mellow hubs sit on a forged (it looks like) hanger with some really special thing. I can only use them on this hanger I think.

2 Likes

ah ok thank you. the landwheels easy to mount for me as well on any truck because of the square wedging method which is not the baddest choice imo but there is a bigger chance to crack them by going down a bigger curb or something in comparsion to the mellows. The mellows will not crack by abusing them hard i bet. I cracked 2 motor mounts on my mentioned budged but found a way to secure them a lot more than before.
Damn them mellows mountings looking very gooooood :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You can have them for 100€ :smiley:

1 Like

nice offer man, thank you, but first i dont want them sleeves(sorry dude, they are beautiful but im not into wheels like this and torquewise you know :relaxed:
i got some motors lying around which i want to waste first while riding before bying new hubs for a project that is not being born. And when i go an try mellows one day i need 2 hangers with 4 motors but i will hook you up on that if you know from where to buy this stuff

1 Like

I just had a ride with almost no issues and now I’m sure it’s a mechanical thing. Something is scrubbing, might be the slight offset of the Kegel adapter other buyers of the elofty drives experienced. Now that I’ve located the problem I’m confident I can solve it. Btw, love the wheels. Traction on wet road is great.

4 Likes

How has the 4WD been for you?
Are you still happy with the dkp/tkp setup?
Any issues at high speeds?

To be honest, I have not tried max speed yet but it feels great. Atm there’s leaves and mud on the bicycle roads that are too slippery for normal urethane wheels to ride on but these do great. I hope today there’s a chance to ride in the lunch break :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looking nice. Any more picture? :grinning:

Do you still have the mellows?

yes :slight_smile: I have no untouched sleeves though, one set is MBS overcasted and one with the black pu in the drilled holes in the blue PU.

1 Like

Great thread! Now that you are a few months in, would you recommend the makerx dual for a moderate commuter board? I am nearly finished with my high power beast (hoping it turns out that way anyway :joy:) and I am already planning my next build haha.

2 Likes

I know you’re not asking me, but I totally would. Has lived up to the price I paid and then some.

4 Likes

Jap, for me the two also worked out well, I didn’t push it though. In 4WD setup both are not under a lot of load. No cutouts of any kind also. I’m happy with them. I also got 2 of the MiniFOC plus for my new build thats waiting for the NeoHubs but they feel pretty hq too.

4 Likes

@BillGordon and @visnu777 thanks! They look like a great choice. At this point I am just worried about shipping/fulfillment/customer service problems that folks are reporting in the main sale thread. Hopefully the virus situation clears up soon and their customer service folks can return to work!

1 Like

@natch

The tb dd version of the Janux hubs fit the newer style elofty adapter

3 Likes

That is something to look at. Great job. :metal:

What did you shoot the CANs with to get that nice red luster?
I hadn’t realized there was a newer style eLofty adapter. Is this for all eLofty drives going forward? Can you point me to a thread where this is discussed? (Since I haven’t bought my eLofty drives yet, this would change my decision on which Janux hubs to get.)