Welcome to my latest build
This time I’m building a 4WD thing for long range (I know, 4WD typically doesn’t stand for that) with the following components:
- Rocket longboard deck with integrated enclosure by @evoheyax
- 10s6p battery (This time spotwelded, would have used NESE again but I got no battery scenario where I wouldn’t end up with lots of empty space)
- Landwheel hubs for the back (at least for now, need to test out which works best)
- Mellow hubs for the front
- 2x MakerX dual mini ESC connected over CAN
- Later on: Hammock baseplate in the rear (Not sure yet, doesn’t fit without modifications
- Arduino Nano for additional features, I’ll do a LED Matrix Speedometer in the lid first, lights maybe later.
- Flipsky Nano V2 remote, might be replaced with a VX1 which I use with the Grünstern commuter build.
Some horrible pictures:
At the moment I’m checking all cells I got from my first builds NESE modules and the ones in my battery expansion pack for the mov-e for capacity and internal resistance and then I’ll use repackr.com to calculate the best variant for the 10s6p battery. I only use a Graupner Ultramat 18 charger for external balancing so I’m sure it works perfectly
I want the whole thing as stealth and waterproof/resistant as possible. At first I’ll only have the charge port (thanks @Angeljmm ;)) and the antispark plug hidden away somewhere around the baseplates.
The drives have different kV Values, the Landwheel around 90, Mellow around 120. My plan is that they’ll support each other with what they can do best, when torque is needed the Landwheels have the main part and on speed the mellows set in making it efficient (hopefully).
I’ll keep you updated