Blue Shark, custom Subsonic Century 40, eBoosted enclosure, Surf Rodz TKP, @damon 10s5p battery, Torqueboards 190kv 6355 motors and 16t steel motor pulleys, Psychotiller Six Shooters and 60t pulleys, @akhlut motor mounts, Torque ESCs, Hoyt St. bamboo puck

I know the Hoyt St. nylon is coming soon but when I saw the pictures of my deck I went for the bamboo. I haven’t been doing this long enough to have spare remotes and receivers laying around so I would have had to buy an interim remote. I figured that and the Hoyt St. nylon add up to pretty close to a Hoyt St. bamboo. Technically I haven’t started the build yet but the parts are here, backordered, on their way, or in work. Unfortunately the deck arrives Monday and I leave for a week long business trip Sunday. They sent me pictures though.

29 Likes

Looks awesome

3 Likes

Tease thread. Hey guys look at my awesome new build. Just popping out for a week.

Nice.

8 Likes

You think you feel teased? My deck, trucks, and wheels are now at my house and I am 2500 miles away at a conference. It is like hearing a voicemail for a booty call the next day.

7 Likes

Who gets happier with esk8 parts arrival more than :peach: :telephone_receiver: ?

7 Likes

We all do.

8 Likes

What’s your address? I’ll look after your parts

4 Likes

Seriously?

4 Likes

It’s a package deal

3 Likes

You can’t handle the truth.

About my package deal.

4 Likes

Not an esk8 yet, but it is a skateboard. Still haven’t worked out the right way to mount the wheels so the grooves best channel water away.

7 Likes

This morning my wife asked “Did you see the envelope I taped to the box your deck came in?”. I had not. I almost threw out my shark’s teeth. I assume I can just prep, stick this on, then clear coat over? The enclosure is fiberglass.

That is a lot of enclosure. I am not anticipating a volume problem. I am anticipating adding the risers I got from @RipTideSports. It was a good excuse to order the tie dyed tee.

10 Likes

38 Likes

Did I ever tell you that I love you? Your timing is immaculate. My motors shipped late last week. I have been dying to put up the drawing of those mounts but I figured that was your honor.

Folks I didn’t even ask for custom shark head mounts. I just asked for motor mounts. That is the quality of work to be found around here. If only the rest of life was so gratifying.

I hit you up on Paypal for the amount we discussed. Message me if there are any other charges.

11 Likes

I mean, I recently got engaged so I guess you can count me in on that list…

2 Likes

I need to put the helicoils into the hanger mounts tonight. If I don’t screw that up I’ll ship them out tomorrow or Wednesday. I’m going to re-polish these to get the luster up too. I had to grind them down slightly to remove some tooling marks, and I couldn’t toss them in a vibratory tumbler or else the teeth would be worn down.

Also, teeth are SHARP like real shark. I bet you could open a bottle with the jaws.

6 Likes

First thing I thought. I am going to have dueling built in bottle openers.

Even better. I bet they will be great at cutting the wax poured on bourbon bottles.

6 Likes

I had a frustrating exchange with Enertion today and exited the conversation with even less confidence that they will deliver my Unity any time soon than I had when I ordered it. I am thinking about ordering the Flipsky Dual FSESC6.6 Plus to replace it. Info out there seems to be fairly sparse on it. Would I be making a mistake?

1 Like

QC issues and lack of customer support comes to mind when I hear the word flipsky

As a bonus they usually have stock

1 Like

The other option I am eyeballing is a pair of the Torque ESC BLDC Speed Controllers. Torqueboards has consistently delivered when they said for me and they have the controllers in stock. I know V 4.12, not 6.6.