Blue Shark, custom Subsonic Century 40, eBoosted enclosure, Surf Rodz TKP, @damon 10s5p battery, Torqueboards 190kv 6355 motors and 16t steel motor pulleys, Psychotiller Six Shooters and 60t pulleys, @akhlut motor mounts, Torque ESCs, Hoyt St. bamboo puck

You apparently have spent quite a bit of money so far.

Why not go the distance and get a pair of original vesc6 's ?
Yes they are expensive but they are in stock, reliable and Trampa have great after sales support.

1 Like

I got in on the lowest sale price on the Unity, so I haven’t spent that much. If Visa doesn’t refund the full amount I think I will keep the order instead of paying Enertion’s 20% cancellation fee and then sell it for a 20% reduction from the sales price. That way they only get the one sale at the lowest price they had. I have been ordering motors and controllers for two decades. I know when I am being lied to. It also became evident during the conversation that the cancellation fees are part of their business plan. I won’t ever order anything from them again. Ever. I read the warnings about their business practices but I thought they would want to try to repair their reputation. They don’t care. The market takes care of businesses with that approach. When these components become more mainstream there will be a shake out. Businesses that operate on quality and honest delivery dates will be the ones left standing.

I already ordered the Torque ESCs. I looked at Trampa but I am not trying to set any speed records. Their units are just overkill for me. I ordered their Urban Treadz for my Evolve and was very happy with the delivery time and the product. Plus I ordered Torqueboards motors. They arrived yesterday. I expect their ESC to play well with their motors. My battery is 10s5p. It won’t be pushing the ESC’s too hard.

6 Likes

Drive train looking good and @akhlut is a freaking genius.

Taking its place on the Wall of Fun.

18 Likes

I love him too !

2 Likes

They have me for a Unity and 2 focboxes since Nov 2018, I don’t even think I can talk to Visa any more

I don’t see them pushing out to the front of the herd, mostly running off the builders forum and Jason’s overwhelming social media contributions

1 Like

Your board looks awesome. But with those amazing mounts, this is definitely one of those times where I think you should go front wheel drive. Purely for aesthetics and optimal squirrel munching capability. :shark::chipmunk:

6 Likes

I called Visa today and told them the story. They laughed and immediately reversed the charges. I asked if they wanted a copy of the chat log when they admitted the original delivery date and told me there would be a 20% charge if I canceled. They said no, they didn’t need it.

9 Likes

Good to know

I bet there’s hundreds of people want to do the same but don’t know what to do and were too scared to speak up on the other forum

2 Likes

Well I mounted my first enclosure. It could have gone better but it definitely could have gone worse. The holes all line up and the enclosure is nicely centered. I could have done better getting the inserts flush to the top of the deck. Lesson learned: use a circular hole punch and remove the grip around the fastener location instead of trying to drill/countersink through it. I haven’t cleaned the top up yet. I also tightened up the drive train. I installed crossbars. I decided to go with solid aluminum and tap the ends so I wouldn’t have threads and nuts sticking out of my shark mounts. I went a little undersized on the belts to increase the clearance between the motors and crossbars. Despite my lousy picture taking everything is nicely symmetric.

I was concerned about getting the holes the correct distance from the edge of the enclosure so I made a little tool from a drill bit and one of the inserts. Line the bit up with a pencil line on blue tape and then drag the flange of the insert down the ramp on the enclosure until the bit hit the pencil line.

I guess today I will take my first shot at frying some VESC’s. The @longhairedboy 10s5p looks good enough to eat.

12 Likes

Idk if you already bought the Hoyt Puck yet but I recently asked them if they could dye it gray to match my Evo and they did. It’s not available as an option along with dark brown.

1 Like

Thanks but the puck is already in house.

2 Likes

Get man! Just saw it, looks amazing.

You will love this board, 12s5p is good for range buy I found out the 12s4p made of 30Ts are God sent, acceleration is madness

2 Likes

The great components built by the members here along with the build instructions are the only reason I could put it together. The enclosure fits like a glove. Nice work.

2 Likes

It’s alive!!! Bwahahahaha! Wheels turning full FOC sensored.

9 Likes

The xt90s loopkey setup with 10 AWG was my trial run for setup. The tinned braid arrived today for the build key.

2 Likes

PM me an address an I’ll send you some XT90-s covers & panel mounts.

8 Likes

There has gotta be a catch. People here are too cool for real life. Maybe you are all actually Skatan pretending to be a lot of different people and I am selling my skoul without knowing it.

12 Likes

Shhhhhhhhhh :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@mmaner also secretly rides a unicycle around his house…

9 Likes

I will slap you! :grinning:

3 Likes