BIG CHONKAS | DIY Integrated deck | NeoHubs | Paris V3 Trucks | 10s3p 30Q | Focbox Unity

Dude this is an epic build so far, well done!

Routed phase wires are pretty neat, but holes and tunnel riser would likely be much easier.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Taking in consideration i want it to look like there’s no wires coming from the back truck cus of stealth reasons, which is better? I’m still considering a few options on how to hide the wires well from the Hummies

1 Like

Routed would probably be more stealth, you could run them down the back of the hanger and straight into the board… for a tunnel riser you would have to go to the sides of the base plate

2 Likes

Where you are pointing is the best spot. You could also make a little pocket below the truck and run there the cables.

Yep that’s my option 1.

@magharees did you build a set of Hummies with a Haya? Swore I saw it before, I think it was on the old forum. How did you route your wires?

You saw right, the thread lives on here, it’s actually charging now, exciting!

Now it’s getting close to completion wire management becomes the defacto point especially with two separate compartments, Still concerned about wires so thinking of making a small channel recess

Keep at it, looks great.

2 Likes

I wonder if any of these things would have cut down some of that labor

I’m a hobbyist woodworker, meaning I buy tools and cut up scraps but don’t actually make anything lol. I get jelly when I see your shop!

4 Likes

Gotta route out a pocket in my deck for the BMS, any advice from y’all?

Should I route out a indexing pocket for the ESC too or just let it sit with Velcro on the curve of the deck?

If your enclosure is thick enough, there’s no need for a pocket if you ask me, just velcro it down

1 Like

My BMS sticks out of the enclosure by 1/2" and that’s when it’s sitting loose, I’m gonna loose another 1/8" to Velcro on the top (against the deck) and a other 1/8" to foam on the bottom (against the enclosure)…I’m hurting for height

How thick is your deck? If it’s on the thicker side then go for it, if not i’ll add something on the edges of the enclosure to bring it up more.

1/2” deck, but I’m already hurting for ground clearance

Thinking a 3/8” pocket and a 3/8” gasket

1/2 is 4/8. if you remove 3/8 you leave 1/4. (I can’t do math but leaving the error in lol) smaller bms? no bms drop a p group? Or route a whole cavity and reinforce with FG/CF?

If you route, I’d make a template, clamp everything up, take small bites. Practice on scrap first.

Was gonna frit the top so I can’t break through…I’ve got access to a dumb CNC router I can stuff the whole deck into atleast

The whole pack is waterproofed so I don’t wanna touch it

Fixed

1 Like

Lol! thank you.

I feel like that’s the absolute minimum of wood I can leave, it’ll be under my foot so it’s already a risk

Ironically enough I just made a shockingly similar mistake :expressionless:

1 Like

I’m guessing this will take 10x the time to set up vs manual router?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d just use the jog mode but the guy who runs it won’t let me touch it and he’s a stickler for using it ‘right’…I mean it’s a fucking square